Thread: K-Plane Indicator Mount Broke Need Help

K-Plane Indicator Mount Broke Need Help

Hi i have a 99 28zx and my k-plane indicator mount broke i took some pictures and posted them of the one that is ok. It is the plastic square mount that holds the cable for the trim indicator and it cracked. Donzi said livorsi makes it but they said that if it is plastic they did not make it. Mercury Racing saw pictures and said that they did not make it. I am stuck and thinking about going to a local machine shop and having them both made out of stainless or aluminum unless someone knows anything about this part. Thank you

Merc K-Plane

Merc Racing completely redesigned the K-Planes a couple of years ago and mine are of the newer design that does not use the bracket in your photos - newer design uses a hole in the base (on the back of the hull) that has the cable pass through it - then a rubber gromet and threaded furl to seal out the water.

Would think if you looked in Merc Racing parts catalogue you could identify the bracket - I would order a couple. You can contact major racing shops like Teague or Tyler Crockett Marine Engines they could probably supply you a used one off of scrap equipment or they would know exactly what PN to order it.

Livorsi usually supplies the other end parts - dashboard indicators. Some Merc Racing stuff can be really tricky to identify as if they didn't want anyone to be able to get it. You could also try a marina near the factory - Fon Du Lac - Wisconson I think - they are so close to Merc that they know just about everything and are easier to deal with than the factory people. They got me a 502 MAG MPI wiring harness when no one could help.
    Dr. d

Thank you yea i know they can be very hard to deal with. I will try some of the things that you said and see where i get the only problem is that even if i find it from the way they where talking i would have to buy a whole kit.

Did talk to David Crockett

I was over at Tyler Crockett Marine today and among other things did ask David about the problem you were having. Apparently Merc Racing always used the cable through the base system and your "add on" clamp was from Livorsi or other aftermarket supplier. David was familiar with it but thought the parts would be out of production. You might consider going to the Merc system as it is pretty simple.
    Dr. d

Well either i will go to the merc system or see what it will take for this machine shop to make me the piece whatever is cheaper. I go by feel most of the time anyway but it is still nice to glance where they are at going into a turn or something like that. Thank you for checking in on that have a good weekend i will have a pic of the boat when i am done i been buffing all night. The boat does not need it but i am just doing a finish cut before i wax.

I run the Merc Racing through the hull. It works well. I would think that you would need to rig another cable if you switched.
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

call bam,,they can get what you need..

http://www.go-fast.com/

GBond Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    call bam,,they can get what you need..

http://www.go-fast.com/
    Save yourself afew bucks and shop around....Bam has a great IPC/IPB, but you pay for it with their listed retail prices.

yea but the problem is no one can find the part. So thank you for the lead, but if i figure things out i will look around. I have a local donzi dealer next to my marina so i am going to try them first because i am also looking for touch up red/blue paint

Thread Information