Thread: Opinions

Opinions

Need some input on driveability/fun driving of a 18 versus a Minx versus a 22. All in light chop (1 foot or less). All 60 mph boats but running 35 to 40 MPH.

Just into these about a year but on a rapid learning schedule. All you guys have helped immensely. I thank you so so much.

Minx and 22 handle similarly, I think, they both like a lot of trim.
    I also think the 18 is really different and rides flatter, but that's my observation as I've never driven an 18, only been a passenger.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Never been in a Minx, but been in plenty of 22's and 18's. I love the 18. It has a much higher fun factor than a 22. You sit on the boat instead of in it. It can handle some decent size water too. The 22 is nice because it handle big power so well and will eat up waves that will beat you to death in an 18. Match what you want to the water you will be boating in. Lakes that aren't too rough, 18 or Minx. Bigger water or big power, 22.
    1979 Donzi Criterion
    1997 Classic 16
    2007 G3 w/ Yamaha 90 hp jet outboard
    Jackson Hole, WY
    www.jacksonholealltrans.com

Just my .02, which in this economy, is only worth .01, and actually is less than that since my original .02 isn't really worth .02.

My minx is great in the big stuff. It's the perfect size, small enough for the little beaver ponds. and large enough to take on the chicken soup.

Plus you stay dry from the integral windshield
    corey in donzi.jpg
    machinist ,bore it deeper,ream it bigger, and lap it to a fine finish

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...=2&theater

I had a MINX, I now have a 22. I very rarely boat in 1 foot chop. This past weekend a 38 footer would of been perfect.

If you truly boat in less than one foot chop, you can't go wrong with a MINX.

When I could run my MINX hard, it would run low 60's, had plenty of room in the bilge to work on (it was a small block) and it was quite fuel efficient when you kept the secondaries closed. Oh yeah, it also had a great windshield.

I have only ridden in an 18 for 20-25 miles and I never laughed so much in a boat, but I did get wet.

Ken

i have to say that i did get wet in my 22 yesturday, my opinion is that when the wind is up ur gonna get wet...
    FISH HARD

Thread Information