Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Classic Custom Angled Dash

Classic Custom Angled Dash

I just finished the mold and popped a new dash for my 16 Classic. I wanted the gauges angled towards me and the only option out there was angled bezels. Didn't want to cut the aluminum dash for the gauges to work with angled bezels so I built a mold for a custom dash. Exactly like the original except angled and fiberglass. It has a clear gelcoat over white gelcoat with the labels sandwiched in, labels are laser printed on rice paper and then laminated in.Two 3/4 oz. layers followed by a layer of 1 1/2 stranded for strength. All the switches convert over. As you can see from the photos everything fits pretty well. The mold is able to produce more if anyones interested. The screw mounting holes were patterned off of a OEM dash so it should be pretty much plug and play.
    1999 16 Classic Black on White

Dang, that is sharp! Can you build that with a different pattern? Very cool.
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

Thanks Greg. What kinda pattern do you have in mind? For this I custom built a plug to build the mold. Answer is yes anything can be done would have to build another plug for another mold.

That is awesome. Great work.

Hmm. Is that the same size as my 22?

B
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Wow

That is fabulous and unique. How about a 84 22? Can certainly move gauges around. That is exremely spectacular.

Wow

That is fabulous and unique. How about a 84 22? Can certainly move gauges around. That is exremely spectacular.

Wow

You have the plugs for the hatch and the dash- pretty soon you will have the hull and deck too!! All your work looks awesome. Are you going to paint the boat orange?

if that will fit a '96 16' I would like a price quote
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Thanks everyone for the positve response, got alot of hours in this project to make it right. Quite a few of the first pulls were trash from the get go. This model of dash is supposed to fit mid 90's up to 2010 16, 18, and 22 classics. I was also thinkin of doing colors but haven't figured out how to print white letters except maybe silk screening. Also gonna be putting in a full backing material like foam for stability. 1/4 inch foam laminated to the back will insure longevity. Don't want them failing under hard jolts. Over engineer I always say then problems don't arise. Was looking at $300 a pop with a replacement warranty for white and $325 for colors if I can resolve the white print issue. Thanks Daniel.

BTW h20loo Don't wanna mold the whole boat!!!! lmao I would like to get some different year dashes and make some more custom molds. Not painting the boat orange just the bolt ons. I'm a Harley wrench so black and orange naturally go together in my mind. Planning on removing the silver pinstripe and replacing it with orange. The seats will be white with a black center stripe and orange piping. Dont know if its OCD but it sure looks purdy!!! lol

"Don't wanna mold the whole boat"
    Ah shucks- and I was going to order an orange hull LOL

Everything you have shared here has been 1st class and with your attention to detail I think Donzi could probably use you.

Look forward to seeing your ideas come together

I have said this before, there is a lot of talent on this board.

Nice job.

Ken

Looks really good, impressive work. -Mike
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Wow. Well laid out and beautiful execution! Super nice. 300 is a bargain for the time you have in development.

nice job HD,,, i would be interested in that on my classic,
    FISH HARD

Thread Information