Thread: Bennett Trim Tab question

Question Bennett Trim Tab question

I have the stock Bennett tabs that came on my boat with the auto retract system. This past weekend on the way in they stopped retracting. This has happened before and I fixed it by unplugging and plugging back the disconnects a couple of times. Tried it this time and got one to retract but one is still being stubborn. I'm thinking this auto retract is the issue and blocks it from coming up manually somehow.

Does anyone know a quick way of bypassing this box with the quick disconnect plugs and doing away with the auto retract option? Or is it a long rewiring process?
    '06 22 Classic GT #8, 496 HO "Double Shot"
    '96 Mirage River Racer, Merc 280 "Nervous Mother"

I don't know a quick fix, but the Bennett site is chock full of stuff like owner's manuals and other useful things.
    If no help there, call one of their tech folks, I'm sure they can answer your questions.
    They have the best customer support service in existance.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    they have the best customer support service in existance.
    +1 !!
    A winner is just a loser that got up and did it one more time.
    1959 Biesemeyer - 4pt Hydro Drag - 2013 ACBS Winner - Best Race Boat
    1967 Nova Marine - SuperNova24 - ACBS Winner - 2012 Best Race Boat - 2016 Peoples Choice & Best Non Wood
    1972 John Allmand - Nova 19
    1972 John Allmand - Nova19 (#2)
    1982 PolarKraft -Jonboat - Crab Killer

The retracter is an add on and should be easy to by pass, I have sold them to people with existing setups. If I can get into one of the boxes without destroying it I will look at the paperwork. People do not like buying open packages!

Phil
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    I don't know a quick fix, but the Bennett site is chock full of stuff like owner's manuals and other useful things.
    If no help there, call one of their tech folks, I'm sure they can answer your questions.
    They have the best customer support service in existance.
    Thanks for the replies guys! Finally got it back working....Called Bennett and they DO have great custom service in my book..Very helpful and walked me through what to check and found it very quickly once I knew what to look for.

Thanks again guys.

So..........................what was the issue?

Some people are dying to know.

Thanks,

Ken

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CHACHI View Post
    So..........................what was the issue?

Some people are dying to know.

Thanks,

Ken
    Had a connection issue between the switch and the auto retractor. Donzi wired it up with quick connect plugs and one of the plugs had gotten some corrosion on it or had a bad connection of some sort. Not to mention it was wired so tight that it could'nt move......Was able to get a little slack in the wiring and clean the plugs with contact cleaner, Started working....For how long?....Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMercMe View Post
    Had a connection issue between the switch and the auto retractor. Donzi wired it up with quick connect plugs and one of the plugs had gotten some corrosion on it or had a bad connection of some sort. Not to mention it was wired so tight that it could'nt move......Was able to get a little slack in the wiring and clean the plugs with contact cleaner, Started working....For how long?....Who knows.
    The wiring on my '05 looks like a kid did it too. Some grounds were not even in the crimp connectors but wrapped around and held there by the shrink tube. You don't even want to look at the mess behind the side panels.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Thread Information