Thread: 18 2+3 Cover

18 2+3 Cover

I need to get a new cover for my '72 18'. I found a few on Walmart's website that had great reviews for around $100. One was made by Harbomaster and one by Gulf Stream. I am not looking to spend a fortune, maybe up to $200 if the quality is there.

The ones at Walmarts site looked great buy I am concerned that they will be too wide for an 18 2+3 with its narrow width and low gunnels.

Any suggestions or experiences on a particular cover?

Thanks,

Bryan

I bought a $100 cover from Overtons 5 years ago. It was their SK ski boat cover for 17'6" to 18'6" boats without windshields. It fits my X-18 perfectly, and has straps to keep it tight for trailering. It has fadded and is showing a bit of wear, but for the price I have no complaints.
    1978 X-18, SBC, Volvo 280T
    Big Grizzly 21 Solas Prop
    Heart Bay, Lake George, NY

Thanks for the reply.

I researched some semi-custom covers sold on Overtons, Boat Covers direct and boatcovers.com.

There were tons of close matches for the boat size, but none of them were for a boat without a windshield.

I ended up buying one I found on one of these sites through Amazon for less ($150). I am very happy with the quality of the cover and the tie downs. There is just a little slack where the windshield room is. I just need to get a support pole under it and it should be perfect.

If it is to remain out in the elements, hit the cover with 303 Protectant (UV protectant). It will last a lot longer.

B
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Thread Information