Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need a New Interior

Need a New Interior

I'm in search of a new Interior for my 1982, 18' 2+3 (Classic) does anyone have any good recommendations where to go or who to use. I'm looking for the original pleaded style. Thanks in advance.

I do interiors..

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations.com 570-639-2628

Always good to support the sponsors like Lakeside Restorations whenever possible... I dont think you can go wrong with Jamie helping you out
    Donzi 18C
    Donzi 25 ZX "Full Tilt F/B "

Call Josh...

at Donzidirect.com. 888.441.1614. Working with him on a GT/Aronow hatch right now. Go direct.

I am using Jamie on my 18 resto project. He really knows and cares about what he is doing and it shows in his work. At least give him a shout and make sure your comparing apples apples.
    The sting of poor quailty far outlasts the Joy of a cheap price...

Quote Originally Posted by buddyc View Post
    i am using jamie on my 18 resto project. He really knows and cares about what he is doing and it shows in his work. At least give him a shout and make sure your comparing apples apples.
    +1....
    Donzi 18C
    Donzi 25 ZX "Full Tilt F/B "

GBond Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddyc View Post
    I am using Jamie on my 18 resto project. He really knows and cares about what he is doing and it shows in his work. At least give him a shout and make sure your comparing apples apples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mckillop View Post
    +1....
    +1 Lakeside

The original Built Rite...John (RIP) and Sue Harmon did my interior back 10 years ago, and have held up very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyc View Post

With Donzi direct you get what you get "all original". With Lakeside I'm almost certain you can customize, and pick and choose your vinyl and piping
    machinist ,bore it deeper,ream it bigger, and lap it to a fine finish

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...=2&theater

My rear seat bottom is tearing apart at the seams and I'm working on estimates. The rest of the upholstery is holding up well.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by joseph m. hahnl View Post
    With Donzi direct you get what you get "all original". With Lakeside I'm almost certain you can customize, and pick and choose your vinyl and piping
    I typically don't jump on these threads because I'm not looking to compete with Jamie or anyone else, however, I'd like to clear up two things:

DonziDirect will allow you to customize however you wish. We can do upholstery in any color marine vinyl available: base color, piping color, or any of the various textured vinyls (carbon fiber, shock, etc). Our current price for a Classic upholstery set is $2295 (two buckets, 2-pc backrest, and bottom cushion), regardless of what colors or vinyl finish you choose.

Also, DonziDirect is a significant contributor to this site. We haven't sent our banner in, but we are absolutely in good standing with the Harbormaster!

Just wanted to clarify the above points.

Josh

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

another +1 for jamie at lakeside..at least when dealing jamie you know what your getting and where its coming from..

Quote Originally Posted by DonziJosh View Post
    I typically don't jump on these threads because I'm not looking to compete with Jamie or anyone else, however, I'd like to clear up two things:

DonziDirect will allow you to customize however you wish. We can do upholstery in any color marine vinyl available: base color, piping color, or any of the various textured vinyls (carbon fiber, shock, etc). Our current price for a Classic upholstery set is $2295 (two buckets, 2-pc backrest, and bottom cushion), regardless of what colors or vinyl finish you choose.

Also, DonziDirect is a significant contributor to this site. We haven't sent our banner in, but we are absolutely in good standing with the Harbormaster!

Josh
    Thanks for the clarification, and the boldfaced text wad special...lol
    Just breaking balls, but Jamie at Lakeside has been a sponsor on the site for years and contributed greatly to this site and others. I'm a detail oriented guy, I got more samples the mail from him, to make sure the material was right and never a problem to get him on the phone.
    A new interior is a great addition to any boat, take your time, ask about bases weather wood or poly, foam density...ect. Have fun with it, its a great opportunity to make the boat your own
    Best of luck
    The sting of poor quailty far outlasts the Joy of a cheap price...

Just to clarify...

I am a full service facility that specializes in Custom & Resto work.. Engines, interiors, just about anything you can think of powerboat related. We have a full upholstery shop in house which I personally have hands on experience.

I don't just sit behind a desk and place orders I actually make a lot of the items we offer at Lakeside. Therefore, I do have hands on experience and first hand knowledge of the products we offer. Items that I do not make I get from Donzi vendors as well both present and past. I have little if any need to deal with Donzi anymore.. Although I do still have legitmate access to Donzi.

The Donzi line up is also one of my specialties, but not the only one... I offer just about everything for the classics with rare exception thru me, whether it be mail order or in house. I also have capabilities to make and or restore no longer available items.

So whether you want to keep it original looking or customize it, I have ya covered..

Although many of you already know...

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations.com 570-639-2628

Quote Originally Posted by DonziJosh View Post

Josh
    machinist ,bore it deeper,ream it bigger, and lap it to a fine finish

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...=2&theater

I'm glad to have both Jamie and Josh...seriously, thanks for all you do.

1974 Magnum 27 Sport
    1970 Donzi 18 2+3

Thread Information