Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2006 22C always list toward port side

2006 22C always list toward port side

I have a 2006 22C w/ a 496 mag h.o. completely stock. For some reason everytime I get on the plane the boat likes to list towards the port side no matter what (even if weight is evenly distributed amongst passengers) and has to be adjusted with the port trimtab... It's no big deal but just wandering if this is normal or a problem w/ the prop, outdrive, trimtabs etc.... Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Listing

I've never had that experience with the ride however, prop size..3 or 4 blade, makes a huge impact. What's your setup.
    -2007 Donzi 22 Shelby GT

Any bends or damage to the drives skeg?

B
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

My 2+3 has a natural tendency to list to the port. My solution is to have the weight towards the starboard side. It also seems to be less at higher speeds and when the drive is trimmed.

Damaged Skeg? Interesting! My TRS Skeg was probably 2-3" short due to the P.O. and I never fixed it until this year. Do you think I'm going to see a big difference in how the boat handles?
    DUNESMAN

100% normal you are running a right rotation prop which lifts the starboard side, in my 22 when I run alone I need no tab but with a passenger I always need a tad of tab. On the older Volvo setups they ran left hand props with a left hand helm, later boats are just the opposite. Dou Prop is the only single screw that will run flat side to side, right or left will always lean away from the rotation.
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

It's normal! Part of my routine before planing out is to drop the port tab for 5 seconds (dual ram). Drive goes all the way down. This planes me out level. As the drive goes up I raise the tab some to keep the boat level. On WOT runs with positive trim I can raise the tab completely but must lower it as I lower the drive when slowing down. If I have a large front passenger I have to run some tab always; A light passenger is no problem.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by Marvair View Post
    I've never had that experience with the ride however, prop size..3 or 4 blade, makes a huge impact. What's your setup.
    In addition to the motor above, I have a bravo 1x with a Mirage plus 48-13706 3 blade 25 pitch.

Thanks MOP and Carl C. Your comments make me feel much better that it's normal! As you know when something is wrong that's just more money down the pit!

Best Regards

Try a different prop like a Turbo TXP (3blade) or Bravo (4blade) on your boat might help a bit with the listing....the 25P mirage on my 05 496 HO 22 was horrible....I run a labbed bravo prop on my boat most of the time but the fastest prop on my setup is the Turbo TXP which I run when needed, and use very little port tab at all with both props.....just a thought props make a huge difference on the 22 classics....

Undertaker

I had that problem too when I first got my 22. My assumption was some torque-steer. I switched to a Bravo four-blade prop which reduced the problem to only a very slight left tilt where I can fix it with a little tab down on the left side. The Bravo prop also reduced some of the porpoising at low speeds and allowed me to use slightly less tab.

And I agree undertaker, the 25p Mirage was horrible.
    Donzi 22' Classic

Quote Originally Posted by RockyS18 View Post
    I had that problem too when I first got my 22. My assumption was some torque-steer. I switched to a Bravo four-blade prop which reduced the problem to only a very slight left tilt where I can fix it with a little tab down on the left side. The Bravo prop also reduced some of the porpoising at low speeds and allowed me to use slightly less tab.

And I agree undertaker, the 25p Mirage was horrible.

Rocky are you planning on making the fall picnic @ Lake George? Saw you on the lake at the spring dustoff and would love to take a look your boat, it looks awesome.....

Undertaker

Quote Originally Posted by undertaker View Post
    Rocky are you planning on making the fall picnic @ Lake George? Saw you on the lake at the spring dustoff and would love to take a look your boat, it looks awesome.....

Undertaker
    Thanks, and yes I'll be there.
    Donzi 22' Classic

Cool see you then..

Quote Originally Posted by RockyS18 View Post
    ...the 25p Mirage was horrible.
    I still love my lab-finished Mirage+ 25P; no other prop can carry my bow and the boat through the rough stuff like the Mirage+. Yes it has some qwerks like prop torque but once you get on plane and trim up the torque goes away.
    RickS-E

Change your prop!!! My boat did the same to the extent that I needed to constantly correct when running in waves and the boat was terrible!

I didn't realize how bad until I switched to a Hydromotive Quad IV . . the ride is totally different, no more leaning and or coarse corrections.

This is on a Corsican with a Bravo.

Mario L.

Thread Information