Thread: Trimmaster engine hatch pump replacement?

Trimmaster engine hatch pump replacement?

The pump for my engine hatch lift went out and I am having trouble finding a replacement. The pump itself is a Fasco pump. Has anyone else had to replace there's. I assume it is a standard hydralic pump they used for all the Zx boats around then. Any thoughts?

By the way, the ZX engine hatch covers are HEAVY
    Donzi 18C
    Donzi 25 ZX "Full Tilt F/B "

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

Quote Originally Posted by Mckillop View Post
    The pump for my engine hatch lift went out and I am having trouble finding a replacement. The pump itself is a Fasco pump. Has anyone else had to replace there's. I assume it is a standard hydralic pump they used for all the Zx boats around then. Any thoughts?

By the way, the ZX engine hatch covers are HEAVY
    Contact Bennett,,the trim tab company..Trim master used a or same as the bennett pump..

http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/catal...?vID=270&cID=5

may be cheaper to buy a lit off ebay and tob the pump out of it..

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_kw=bennett&_kw=hatch

In earlier posts I mentioned that I recently had the DC electric motor go out that powers the hydraulic engine hatch lift. I was able to get the DC motor repaired locally; however I am having a terrible time remembering how to reinstall the pump and motor into the wire harness correctly. The harness is a 5 wire plug (red, black, yellow, green and white) that connects into the pump assembly. There is a solenoid on the hydraulic pump with 2 separate terminals with pig tails on each to be able to connect 4 wires to the solenoid (2 to each terminal). There is also a red, black and yellow wire that comes out of the DC motor itself. I have been trying different things for the past couple weeks and for the life of me I can’t get it rewired the way it was due to the haste that I pulled the pump out with. So, I have a black DC motor with a red, black and yellow wire. And I have a plug with a red, black, green, white and yellow wires that need to be connected to the solenoid and then that plug ties into the wire harness that runs through the boat. For the life of me I can't remember or figure out how this was originally wired.
    I am looking for a wiring schematic to show me where each wire needs to be connected to from the solenoid and the plug that connects into the main harness, and then where the red, black, and yellow wires go to from ther DC motor. Any ideas? This probably sounds a little confusing so I will upload some pics tonight to show what I am talking about.
    Donzi 18C

Are there any ZX owners out there that would be able to take a picture of their hatch pump assembly for me? Mine was in a Trimmaster pump box on the firewall bulked. My main issue is not knowing what wires go where on the solenoid, if someone could snap a pic of how theirs is wired it would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Donzi 18C

Here is a pic of what I am talking about. It would seem that the red, black, green, and white wires would go to the solenoid and then the red, black and yellow wires off the dc motor would be ground, power and the switch wire. But that is not the case, or if it is its not working for me. Any thoughts? It doesn't seem like it should be this hard, but I have tries everythign I can think of.
    Donzi 18C

So this was the only pic I could find anywhere that kind of shows the correct way to wire this pump. From looking at the picture, it would seem both black neg wires go to one pigtail terminal on the solenoid, and the white and gree go to the other terminal pigtail and then I would imagine the red and yellow go together?

Donzi 18C

Thread Information