Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: K-planes & my 22C

Quote Originally Posted by catch 22 View Post
    Rick, Here's a pic of my K planes, pre 2004? From the bulletin from merc I think so. what do you think? Let me know on yours, I'm trying to do this before the Hometown rally in October. Thanks for the help, Jim
    Catch, yes those are pre-2004, they have the long cylinder mount with the single bushing at the tab. Why do you want to switch from 280's to 150's? I guess my only concern is if I don't like the 280's I'd want to go back to the 150's. Maybe I should just come to the Rally so we can switch.
    RickS-E

Quote Originally Posted by RickSE View Post
    Catch, yes those are pre-2004, they have the long cylinder mount with the single bushing at the tab. Why do you want to switch from 280's to 150's? I guess my only concern is if I don't like the 280's I'd want to go back to the 150's. Maybe I should just come to the Rally so we can switch.
    I switched from the 150's to the 280's they made the boat handle much better in rough water, ie the boat would straighten its self out during re-entery much better than it did with the 150's

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeSullivan View Post
    I installed the Dana head up indicators in the corner of my dash they look great and work just as well
    Where did you find those indicators? I've been looking for them but I only found one site that doesn't even show a picture of them...
    Donzi 22' Classic

GBond Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BlakeSullivan View Post
    Bkake nice install. I may be going the same route, due to lack of dash space. What lenghth did the cables end up being?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by undertaker View Post
    Catch a Mirage Plus?????
    Photo was taken prior to Pro Charger install. I still run a Hydro QIV lab 31.
    1998 22 Classic

And the Lord said "LET THERE BE FEAR" and so was created a BIG BLOCK CHEVY. GOT BOOST!

GBond Guest
    Attachment 65564

280's....Upgrades have been work in progress for 16 yrs.

In a completely non sexual way thats a good looking back end , as for the cable length I believe it was 15' but I will double check this evening and let you know.

Gbond, looks good, some nice stuff on the back of your boat. You have the newer style K-Planes.

FYI, you might want to move your boat up/forward on your Myco. I had mine sitting where your's appears to be and had to go by Myco for some info. They looked at my set-up and stated that the trailers are designed so the transom of the boat sits directly over the rear vertical bunk supports. My bow support kept sliding back allowing the boat to drift back so I fixed that and moved mine up on the trailer. Just something to consider.
    RickS-E

GBond Guest
    Thanks Guy's...

Rick, Hate to even mention how long that's been on the "To Do" list.
    Wench post needs to come forward approx 8".
    Have you had any issues with the wench and tongue jack being so
    close...as in safety, keeping your arm/hand in one piece?

Thanks for reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by GBond View Post
    ...Have you had any issues with the wench and tongue jack being so
    close...as in safety, keeping your arm/hand in one piece?

Thanks for reminder.
    Yes, if my jack handle is pointing up then it gets pretty close on the wench handle. I had to redo my entire bow support a while back which may have made it even worse. I didn't like how high Myco put the roller and winch on my trailer because my boat would always climb the roller while towing and lift off the front bunks. I ended up cutting my support down and nested the roller just above the bow D-ring. At the same time I welded a piece of round stock under the trailer just behind one of the bow support attachment bolts to stop it from moving back any further. Both of these fixes seemed to work and my boat doesn't move around anymore when I tow.
    RickS-E

Quote Originally Posted by RickSE View Post
    That would be cool ( but that's a long ride for you, still have the old chevy truck? ) but we could use another SWEET 22 there like yours . Just wanted to switch to see if there is any difference.
    1998 22 Classic

And the Lord said "LET THERE BE FEAR" and so was created a BIG BLOCK CHEVY. GOT BOOST!

Thread Information