Thread: Blackhawk 16

Blackhawk 16

Can anyone tell what these parts are from?

Lost the clutch on forward gear and twisted the upper drive shaft in the bh drive getting into 80mph last night. At least she coasted strait to a stop! Looking for a 32 tooth gear and upper drive shaft and some bearings.

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

upper gear set,,i guess you got lucky and it didn't rip the lower bearing off the outdrive

That looks like the lower aluminum tower from a standard bravo that is broken off in your second pic. Is that correct? The bh runs a steel tower like the xr drive a little stronger thank god. The oil was clean that came out of the drive so the damage was just in the top. A clean up and some new parts and hopefully back on the water. Any advice for a stronger combo of parts for the top? I have not looked but is there a 27/32 gear count available for the xr drive strait cut? And does that lower gear bearing run on a sleave on the lower tower or is the tower machined to fit?

Go to www.Mercstuff.com
    Good reading
    http://www.donzi.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2807&dateline=1163742  168
    More Tab, More Tab, More...Damn

Somebody told me once most blackhawk parts are bravo upper and bravo 3 lower. Don't know if thats true, but something to think about.

I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPbSQR0PB9k

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

yes you can use standard bravo upper gears and bravo3 lower gears..

if you go to a xr gear they rob horse power,you can have the gears micronited which will make them stronger,you may have had a air bubble in the drive that caused the dammage..use redline shock proof in the drive and all the troubles will go away..yes that is a standard bravo bearing tower..just sayin luckly your tower did not come loose and that could have been a major problem..

Yes the only thing different between the bravo 3 and bh is the vert shaft, lower bearing carrier and carrier retainer nut. Max machine worx will build vert shaft and some other goodies. Trying to figure if I should build with strait cut gears of replace with standard bravo. The xr is the way I'm leaning due to the fact that I run this at high rpm for extended period of times. When it broke we had run about 20 miles running between 60 and 75mph and was just rolling into the 80's when it let go. How much power will the strait cut gears cost?

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

Quote Originally Posted by younger View Post
    Yes the only thing different between the bravo 3 and bh is the vert shaft, lower bearing carrier and carrier retainer nut. Max machine worx will build vert shaft and some other goodies. Trying to figure if I should build with strait cut gears of replace with standard bravo. The xr is the way I'm leaning due to the fact that I run this at high rpm for extended period of times. When it broke we had run about 20 miles running between 60 and 75mph and was just rolling into the 80's when it let go. How much power will the strait cut gears cost?

the xr gears are double the price as the standard gear set..

Just finished bolting the bh back together. Found a good used upper set. Is the upper shimming always what the case is stamped. Has anyone ever verified gear mesh with paint or checked back lash between upper pinion and driven gears to conferm case spec? Just have to fill and break-in.

Thread Information