Thread: 1974 Donzi X-18

1974 Donzi X-18

1974 Donzi X-18. All original gelcoat, still in very good conditions, aside from some minor cosmetic issues. Still looks great for its age. Floor was replaced and is strong. Been in the family for close to 30 years, I purchased it from my uncle roughly 10 years ago. Sat in storage for close to 10 years prior to my purchasing it. Newer seats/tunnel cover, thunderbold 5 ignition, aluminum imco thunderbolt exhaust manifolds, stainless imco (4”)tips. 350 chevrolet corvet engine, and volvo 280 outdrive (rebuilt within the last 5 years). Tested engine a couple years ago, still had very good compression but unable to remember the exact numbers. Did high 50’s in its hayday, probably around 50 now. Could probably hit the high 50’s again if that’s your thing, I just love to cruise. Spent the first few summers with some minor issues, but has been turn-key operating for several years now. Boat is located on Georgian Bay, Ontario Canada parked in Honey Harbor but spends most of its time at the Island. Sorry no trailer. Not in a huge hurry to sell, and not overly motivated, I love this boat, please no lowball offers. But looking to move on........ Asking $9,500. But willing to look at reasonable offers. Contact: craigw027@yahoo.ca

x18

Going for a 2nd look at this boat,what do you guys think ?
    Any input greatly appreciated
    thanks so much.
    Neil

Fair price for a running boat. looks well kept
    machinist ,bore it deeper,ream it bigger, and lap it to a fine finish

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...=2&theater

Cool

Article say's the floor was replaced was the gas tank changed also ?

Was the gas tank changed ?

It's a great boat

I have the identical boat (same color and model) with a Holman Moody engine and some mechanical upgrades. It was in tip top shape on a trailer. I paid $16.5K and have never regretted it. If the engine is in good shape, that price looks fair to me. My boat needed new exhaust manifolds, but it sounds like he has that covered.

Great handling boat that always turns heads. Ride in chop is really smooth. Only issue is that the bow rides a bit low if you are facing a big wake. Gas tank has a V shape, so you have to start thinking about the fuel dock when you drop below 1/2. I ran out on my second outing with the wife driving over to get gas, which did not impress.

My boat does not have the original gauges & wheel. Wish I had that Morse throttle.

When the boat was purchased into the family in 1982, the floor was cracked. It was repaired/replaced and has been solid since. The gas tank has not been replaced but has not been a problem. Boat has been running very well since being given some TLC. Having a great time with it this summer, starting to second guess myself. But still looking to move on..... Boat is used mainly for transportation (Island access). Two kids, dog, and wife don't quite fit in with all the groceries, beer, etc.

Thread Information