Thread: Tell me about Crownline

Tell me about Crownline

I need some thoughts from anybody who is familiar with Crownline boats. I'm happy with my Donzi, but my brother is browsing the market and late 90's Crownlines have come up.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
    1970 18 Classic-original

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin

I'm afraid I don't know a thing about them. 'Just another boat' from what I know, so I'd treat it like any other and give it the standard check-out. Late 90's is fairly recent so I wouldn't expect any water probelms with transom or stringers but it's worth taking the ol' hammer to them just the same.
    Don
    '01 22 Classic, 502/B1
    And a bunch of other stuff

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

They are typically nice boats DV. Nicer gel and interiors than most run-of-the-mill offers with a better finish. Their owner base has a pretty loyal bunch that does a gathering at Lake Cumberland every year, so that says something about customer satisfaction.

I would agree with RT. I looked closely at them around 2000. Well built with good looks also.

B
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Thanks guys. We'll probably take a look this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.
    1970 18 Classic-original

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin

My BIL bought one 6 or 8 years ago. It was 22' long and was a good looking boat except it performed pretty poorly and seemed very heavy.
    The cockpit was large and had a nice flat floor. He discovered it had a longitudinal/transverse grid type floor support system that was filled w/foam and quite a bit of water.
    After having the floor and support system replaced, it turned out to be a nice boat.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Thread Information