Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Any experience with a Turbo Vector prop?

Any experience with a Turbo Vector prop?

Has anyone ran a Turbo Vector prop? I'm thinking about trying the 24p 3 blade Vector. Then maybe having it labbed
    Donzi 18C
    Donzi 25 ZX "Full Tilt F/B "

I ran a 24 Vector on the 18. Performed well and moderately fast compared to a Hydro and Txp.
    I believe the Vec is 14 1/2 dia. Hydro- -15 1/2 and TXP- -14 3/4. I have a Vector, like new on the shelf. Let me know if interested.
    As for labbing it, save your money. Gain is minimal.

Pm sent
    Donzi 18C
    Donzi 25 ZX "Full Tilt F/B "

mrfixxall Guest

fixx

if you have steps in your hull you will never get the boat to get on plane,you need the 4 blade.

maybe im wrong but i get the feeling your looking for more speed. props and trim tab settings are not going to help.

spent years chasing, before the internet. back in the day when people actually tried something to see if it worked or not and didnt take the internet guru's opinions as gospel.

Last edited by Donzi_Dude; 06-19-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donzi_Dude View Post
    maybe im wrong but i get the feeling your looking for more speed. props and trim tab settings are not going to help.
    spent years chasing, before the internet. back in the day when people actually tried something to see if it worked or not and didnt take the internet guru's opinions as gospel.
    Yes, you are wrong.

Props can make a difference in performance, big time.

Tab settings can really foul up or improve the handling of any boat.

Searching an internet web site for previous experiences, written by folks who actually have experience with the topic you are interested in, can be a good place to start.

And then taking this advice, and going out and trying it for yourself with at least some reasonable level of expectation, is exactly what seems to be occurring here.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    if you have steps in your hull you will never get the boat to get on plane,you need the 4 blade.
    The 25ZX is a non-stepped hull. And for what its worth, the 28ZX with a two step hull, really likes the Mirage+ in most instances, so the four blade theory is a good one, but not necessarily accurate in real world testing all the time. Pretty good example of what I just posted above...

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip se View Post
    The 25ZX is a non-stepped hull. And for what its worth, the 28ZX with a two step hull, really likes the Mirage+ in most instances, so the four blade theory is a good one, but not necessarily accurate in real world testing all the time. Pretty good example of what I just posted above...

Cool, then he shouldn't have any problems then..28 zx,i will agree with you in a twin application but a single with steppes ?? probably wont be able to get on plane..

Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip se View Post
    Yes, you are wrong.
    Props can make a difference in performance, big time.

um. how so?

i never said a word about handling. i was speaking of top speed.
    Last edited by Donzi_Dude; 06-19-2011 at 02:59 PM.

um. how so?
    Donzi Dude, my small block/Volvo 280 powered 18 went from 65 to 75 with only a change from an ultra to a solas. You can't go fast if the boat is uncontrollable.
    Maddy's Daddy
    L.I.,N.Y.

Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    Donzi Dude, my small block/Volvo 280 powered 18 went from 65 to 75 with only a change from an ultra to a solas. You can't go fast if the boat is uncontrollable.

dude, no offence but im well aware of the handling aspects of props.

i fail to see the man had a handling problem and dont understand why we are even talking about one other than to say i was wrong?

i fail to see the man had a handling problem and dont understand why we are even talking about one other than to say i was wrong?
    Believe it or not, the reason I posted was to tie how a prop makes a boat handle to it's ultimate top speed. I did this without hearing about, or imagining a handeling problem by the thread starter.
    Maddy's Daddy
    L.I.,N.Y.

ya, my bad. handle is most important aspect in my book for a happy boater.

um. how so?
    I said "performance" and I was referencing how hard the boat ran, not how it handled. So quit splitting my words, and I stand by what I stated.

I've run three, four, and five blades on my boat and every one of them has a different impact on the top end of the boat, so yes like I said, the performance can differ depending on the boat and the specific set-up.

And of course, handling of a specific prop in a specific circumstance can make all the difference on the top end of a boat. And your intial statment still rings as wrong to me, because the right prop will show a significant top end difference from another, based on all of these factors.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    Cool, then he shouldn't have any problems then..28 zx,i will agree with you in a twin application but a single with steppes ?? probably wont be able to get on plane..
    Neither the 25zx or 18c has a step in the hull. At least none that I have ever seen.

Thread Information