Thread: 18 interior never used

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up 18 interior never used

I have a never installed, brand new white with red piping interior for an 18. Two buckets, one bench. This interior was never installed, and just sat in storage for a long time. The plastic has gathered some dust, and one of the bucket seats has a small watermark in the underside wood, but as you can tell the seats (tuck and roll leather) are immaculate. If you wanted new ones they would have to custom build them and you'd pay about $2,300 for them. These are available today, and I am selling them for $2,000 + shipping.. or come pick them up. I took the bench seats out for pictures, but as you can see the buckets are still in the wrapper (they come with snaps). Feel free to ask any questions, I'll also take more pictures upon request.

These are the ones that were on Ebay... Your lucky I didnt have the cash on hand. They were a steal for $700
    The sting of poor quailty far outlasts the Joy of a cheap price...

mrfixxall Guest

Thumbs down Fixx

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyc View Post
    These are the ones that were on Ebay... Your lucky I didnt have the cash on hand. They were a steal for $700

yep it looks like a the one's on ebay! Funny thing is the guy you were buying them from said a guy from ct was really bugging him to buy this interior..and now? what a profit..

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    ..and now? what a profit..
    Only if they sell. I hope they gather as much dust now as they did before.

This site has tended to be more like a family, with people helping each other, many times above and beyond, extending "brother-in-law" deals on stuff they have that someone else needs, in support of a common interest in Donzis.

Buying something, and improving it somehow, replacing broken parts, correcting mechanical issues, enhancing the cosmetics, and then reselling it is fine. Value was added that is reflected in the price differential.

Buying something that others need, and have expressed an interest in, simply to turn around and re-sell it at a huge profit, rubs me the wrong way.

That's just me.
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

Quote Originally Posted by Just Say N20 View Post
    Only if they sell. I hope they gather as much dust now as they did before.

This site has tended to be more like a family, with people helping each other, many times above and beyond, extending "brother-in-law" deals on stuff they have that someone else needs, in support of a common interest in Donzis.

Buying something that others need, and have expressed an interest in, simply to turn around and re-sell it at a huge profit, rubs me the wrong way.

That's just me.
    +1 N20
    I had a chance to buy them. Spoke with the guy on the phone and he told me about this guy from CT that wanted them real bad. I assumed he had a boat they were going in... Guess not. The seller told me he would sell them to me instead because I lived closer and we had a mutual friend. I passed on the seats ( even though I needed them) allowing the CT guy to get them... I assumed he had the same needs as myself. To use them
    He paid $700 for them.
    When I saw the price he was trying to get I had to let the members know. Im all for someone making a buck, but Geeeze thats just not good Karma... Pay it forward.

Question

Were these not posted on this site before they went onto the ebay auction site ?
    I thought someone here actually made a deal to buy them before at that time.
    Several other folks were also interested, and were waiting in the wings ?

Is this another "Flip-for-a-BIG-Profit" situation ?
    "BENCHSEAT 18" ~~YellowJacket~~ project owner~
    1929 Chris~Craft 28' Tripple Cockpit Mahogany Speedboat / A-120-A 845 Cu.In. 375 H.P. Chris~Craft V-8 racing engine.
    24' American Skier
    Super Eagle 454 HO Skiboat
    1991 454 SS Chevy Super Sport Pick-up for towing my "Toys".

There is no such thing as going too fast ~ ~~
    OR~ Being too old~ for a new "Toy"!

Brad Hunter
    Huntingdon Valley Pa (Just outside Philly)~
    Ocean City NJ
    silverghost1926@msn.com
    215 947 4676 (PA Home)

Quote Originally Posted by silverghost View Post
    Were these not posted on this site before they went onto the ebay auction site ?
    I thought someone here actually made a deal to buy them before at that time.
    Several other folks were also interested, and were waiting in the wings ?

Is this another "Flip-for-a-BIG-Profit" situation ?
    They wernt on this site. The seller told me he messed up when he put them on e bay and put them in classified instead of an auction. Seller is from Toms River area. When I spoke with him he told me he needed new tires for his truck so he had to sell the seats. I backed off thinking it was someone in the Donzi Family that needed them as well...

Yes this is a flip for huge profit... only if they sell

Thread Information