Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Magnum Sport here in Central Florida...

Magnum Sport here in Central Florida...

There aren't a lot of performance boats in this area of Central Florida, you almost never see them parked anywhere, or for sale on the side of the road.
    I've driven by this boat 20 or 30 times and decided to stop and take some pictures of it.
    I don't know anything about it, nor do I know the owner or the company that has it for sale.
    There's a page w/the details. It seems reasonably priced and looks really good from 20' away.

George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

That is beautiful!
    1970 18 2+3 Hull #18-355 H/M 351W Volvo 250
    07 Cayman IT IS BACK! - '13 Abarth Cabrio

PRESERVE, DON'T RESTORE

George,

Looks to be in rather good shape with period correct rigging. You can make out "Powder Keg" on her sides.....wonder if there's any good history behind her?
    Very cool that you would snap up some good pics along your travels
    1983 Cigarette 35' Mistress
    1976 Magnum 27' Sport
    1986 Donzi 18' Classic
    NEVER FORGET 9/11

Good idea Pete.
    I did a quick search and found this;

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/m...owder-keg.html
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com

And another thread from this site;

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?p=589058
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com

That looks to be in pretty darn nice shape .........
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

-----Ask Smidgen about this Sport as it has history......Bill S

And here is the story,, this sport started life on Lake Erie. I talked to the owner two weeks ago, this was the 1971 sport Powder Keg. She had a high dollar restoration done on her 5+ years ago. But since then she has been left outside without a cover. The clear coat on the decks wood insert is peeling. And the interior seats are spilting due to the lack of a cover. The owner rubed out the name to the point that she will need a paint job. One of the engines blew a piston with less than I hour on it, it now has been bored out 60 over. I dont know the shop that did the engine work. The trailer it sits on dose not have a title, as in the owners own words he borrowed it from a friend & did not return it. This was a very cool Mag, and could be again all it will take is $$$$$$$$. I really thought about this sport but I bought the sport that had been on ebay. I know it's engine builder and all the rest that it needs, and it came with a trailer that had a title.

12,5k??? Why is it not selling straight away???

Quote Originally Posted by smidgen too View Post
    And here is the story,, this sport started life on Lake Erie. I talked to the owner two weeks ago, this was the 1971 sport Powder Keg. She had a high dollar restoration done on her 5+ years ago. But since then she has been left outside without a cover. The clear coat on the decks wood insert is peeling. And the interior seats are spilting due to the lack of a cover. The owner rubed out the name to the point that she will need a paint job. One of the engines blew a piston with less than I hour on it, it now has been bored out 60 over. I dont know the shop that did the engine work. The trailer it sits on dose not have a title, as in the owners own words he borrowed it from a friend & did not return it. This was a very cool Mag, and could be again all it will take is $$$$$$$$. I really thought about this sport but I bought the sport that had been on ebay. I know it's engine builder and all the rest that it needs, and it came with a trailer that had a title.

Mark

Any idea how the stringers and transom is on this Sport, since it has been sitting with no covers on it. Plus from the listing you would also need a trailer plus some other items , (paint, interior, etc)?

Thank you
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by dammmagnum View Post
    Mark

Any idea how the stringers and transom is on this Sport, since it has been sitting with no covers on it. Plus from the listing you would also need a trailer plus some other items , (paint, interior, etc)?

Thank you
    Jim
    Hi Jim I would think that the stringers are ok as it was rebuilt by Mark McManus for big $$$$$$$. The seller said it needed paint & the rebuilt 60 over engine just did not sit well with me. But I would have given it a second look but the ebay sport I went with was much less, freeing up a lot of cash to redo her my way.
    Mark

Just some observations.....
    They've lowered the price once, that's not to say they wouldn't do it again. I didn't climb on the boat as I climbed over a fence to get to it, but from what I could see, the worst blemishes on the boat was where the graphics were removed. The drives, steering, and K-planes looked exceptionally good. They don't give that stuff away, you know!
    The deck hardware looked good. From what I could see of the deck looked good, better than the sides.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com

The boat is located on the west side of US 301 about 3 or 4 miles south of Belleview Florida which is south of Ocala.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    Just some observations.....
    They've lowered the price once, that's not to say they wouldn't do it again. I didn't climb on the boat as I climbed over a fence to get to it, but from what I could see, the worst blemishes on the boat was where the graphics were removed. The drives, steering, and K-planes looked exceptionally good. They don't give that stuff away, you know!
    The deck hardware looked good. From what I could see of the deck looked good, better than the sides.
    I dont think he will go much lower on the price from the conversation I had with him, but ????? This Mag is still a good buy.

2 years ago people were paying that $$ number for a bare hull on a so-so trailer
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Thread Information