Thread: 1976 Donzi 18 2+3 engine color

1976 Donzi 18 2+3 engine color

I bought the 76 18 2+3 in Florida last year and getting ready to go back in with the 350 FLV Chevy corvette motor. Just curious if anyone has any original Pics of these engines, were they painted blue- etc. Appreciate any help

Eric

Ive seen them in blue and orange from the factory

Hey Eric, here's what I found: If it came from the factory as a Chris Craft FLV 350, it was blue. If it came as a Marine Power FLV 350 it was white. If it's orange, someone repainted it.

Search for Chris Craft on this forum, there are lots of pics...
    1970 18 2+3 Hull #18-355 H/M 351W Volvo 250
    07 Cayman IT IS BACK! - '13 Abarth Cabrio

PRESERVE, DON'T RESTORE

350 chris craft/corvette motors were blue.

Here is an example of the correct blue, not sure what PMS # it is or anything like that:

As a side note, I just painted my motor over the weekend!

DUNESMAN

The Chris Craft 350 FLV motors were blue as already stated. Here is one place to buy some spray cans. Most of the places I found sold the Moeller brand. Bill

http://stores.homestead.com/AntiqueB...tail.bok?no=65

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Hi Eric-

I pulled the mill out of my 76 X-18 a couple months ago. It also is a Marine Power 350FLV. The engine was painted white. When I sandblasted the exhaust manifolds the only color on there was white, same with the engine block. I was wondering as well if they were supposed to be CC blue, but it doesn't seem to be the case. I looked all over Google and at some of the CC owners sites for info, and came up blank. So, when mine gets rebuilt white it'll be. I can post some pics later.
    -Kev

Mine was orange from a '78 X-18. No evidence of any other color under the orange either??????
    1978 X-18, SBC, Volvo 280T
    Big Grizzly 21 Solas Prop
    Heart Bay, Lake George, NY

Hey, thanks everyone for the info. My 76 has a blue 350FLV but all of the date codes show 1978 so I expect the engine was replaced shortly after it was bought. It has all GM parts and is standard bore so it looks to be a factory crate motor (aluminum tag with 350FLV on it) that was all blue with no other colors underneath. Sounds like they painted them varying colors from all of the replies, guess I'll go back with blue. Thanks for all the help and great pics!

Eric

Bone stock out of a '74 XK19

Jeff
    " Just piercing the surface"

Sorry for the pic delay... you can see the pics in the thread I've linked to below. We've got a baby due in the next couple of days so I've been tying up loose ends. There's a couple of pics of my Marine Power 350FLV as it sat in my '76 X-18. As I said it was all white, the only mods that I know of are an Edelbrock intake, and the MSD 6a and distributor. I plan on having it rebuilt over the course of the next year, if I have money left after paying for diapers and formula

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63031The
    -Kev

Thanks Kev and Jeff, the pics really helped out. I just painted the bilge area and it was in near perfect condition with 0 rot. Pulled motor and tore down to find a nearly new engine with all GM parts but everything bolted to it was in poor condition. I took the engine down and replaced thr rings and used all of the existing bearings, pistons, cam etc as they were in as new condition. The boat sat for nearly 20 years and is pretty much all stock and original. Polished the top deck and working on the sides. Should be back in the water in less than a month. I will post some before and after pics next week. Really appreciate the help and Jeff, the engine I took out looks just like your picture. Heres a link to Berts website (great guy) with pics of the boat when I picked it up in Florida last August. PS the tank is aluminum. Wheeew!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/BERTSBOAT/1976Donzi18#

Quote Originally Posted by EricH View Post
    I bought the 76 18 2+3 in Florida last year and getting ready to go back in with the 350 FLV Chevy corvette motor. Just curious if anyone has any original Pics of these engines, were they painted blue- etc. Appreciate any help

Eric
    Hi Eric. OD you know what HULL# you have? I'm searching for # 539, Thanks.

Thread Information