Thread: 23P Mirage Plus Question

23P Mirage Plus Question

My 25ZX w/ a 502 mpi came with a 23P Mirage Plus 3 blade prop. At WOT the boat is running around 5100rpm. Is that to high? The boat is topping out right around 63mph on the GPS, but it feels like it should have a little more speed if I throw a more prop at her? I know that I should not be expecting to see 70mph out of a stock 25ZX, but considering my buddies boats all seem to run in the high 60's to low 70's, I want to get as much top end out of this boat as possible. I was considering trying a 23p 4 Blade, but I don't want to put any more drag in the water if I don't need too.

Any suggestions on this? Is 5100 RPM to high, or is that where it should be?

Also, is there any benifits of running a labbed prop on a sub 70mph boat?
    Donzi 18C
    Donzi 25 ZX "Full Tilt F/B "

I think the max rpm is supposed to be 5000 on the 502. I'd probably try to bump to a 25 Mirage plus to see if that gets you more speed. In theory it will drop you down to 4700 which is within the max rpm range.

Quote Originally Posted by VetteLT193 View Post
    I think the max rpm is supposed to be 5000 on the 502. I'd probably try to bump to a 25 Mirage plus to see if that gets you more speed. In theory it will drop you down to 4700 which is within the max rpm range.
    Thanks, thats what I thought. I have not been running it at WOT because I didn't want to spin the motor that fast without knowing it was ok. I will have to look for someone who has a 25p and see if they will let me try it out
    Donzi 18C

Also, what is the stardard prop spin direction on a Bravo 1 drive?
    Left or right?
    Donzi 18C

usually you'll find it is set up right on single screw. bravo drives are a bit unique in that to change rotation all you do is change the shifting. i.e., if you want to run a LH prop, bolt it on and throw it in reverse to test. if you like it, change the shifter.

How would I go about changing the shifter?
    Donzi 18C

Quote Originally Posted by VetteLT193 View Post
    What he said...
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

you are probably bouncing off your rev limiter.. you need this prop..

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65067

never trade up,,keep the one you have for a spare..

Quote Originally Posted by Mckillop View Post
    How would I go about changing the shifter?
    flip the cable... you'll understand if you pull your control, I'm not sure what you have but every set I have worked on has two sides to it. Basically it will need to push instead of pull and vice versa so you swap 'sides' front to back or back to front.

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

if you just want to try a left handed prop and not go through the trouble of switching the cable just put the shift control in reverse and go try it..but be careful and dont forget the shifting position when docking..

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    if you just want to try a left handed prop and not go through the trouble of switching the cable just put the shift control in reverse and go try it..but be careful and dont forget the shifting position when docking..

magMPI's seem to run best against the limiter 8/10 times. im thinking the 25" will not do you a lot of good but its something to try. you sure could have the 23" labbed to bring the r's down too. your slip seems a tad high as well if you are reaching the rev limiter. maybe your over trimming? when you get it out all the way bump it back down once or twice to get the fastest speed.
    Last edited by Donzi_Dude; 05-31-2011 at 05:36 PM.

A number 27' Fountain Fever guys run a left handed prop, claim it runs better that way.

If you want speed, you want a 3 blade prop for that boat as opposed to a 4 blade.

Good luck,

tom
    2002 28ZX

Thread Information