Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Hometown Owners Rally - Sarasota

Magnason resort has an AWESOME breakfast menu!! We never had a early run have we?? lots of dockage at least when we were there Two weekends ago.

Just sayin....................

Quote Originally Posted by Budmann View Post
    Catch...was thinkin the same thing!!!! Thought this was one of the or THE BEST Donzi get together ever!!!!!!!!!!
    You guys need to let us know about something CRAZY going on, don't let budman & me take charge
    1998 22 Classic

And the Lord said "LET THERE BE FEAR" and so was created a BIG BLOCK CHEVY. GOT BOOST!

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patience Boys. Got to remember, there are other events going on. The Chattanooga Run and the Winnie Poker Run, to name a couple. We still have 2 months to go. We can start an attendance push in the next couple of weeks.

B
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

450rrrr Guest
    [quote=Tidbart;608865]
    Quote Originally Posted by 450rrrr View Post

We went there many years ago. There was a severe shortage of docking space then. We probably had 25 boats. Anyways, we have other options. They just weren't the first choice.

B
    hey i was just putting it out there....they have only been open for about 8 months or so. and they have really been working hard to clean it up..the floating chappel is even back in there...just saying...next time your in the area check it out

[quote=450rrrr;609120]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidbart View Post
    hey i was just putting it out there....they have only been open for about 8 months or so. and they have really been working hard to clean it up..the floating chappel is even back in there...just saying...next time your in the area check it out
    Don't misunderstand me, the input is appreciated. Maybe I am thinking of a different place.

I will forward the suggestion along to Mike and see if he can look into it.

Bob
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Quiet on the Hometown front??? HA!!

This weekend I am out and about reserving spots for our Saturday run! Thanks so much for the input... all great!! I will visit each one.

On the positive side... we are looking good on entry forms. I will post a list soon of the ones received already.

Also, let's wish our Winni Bandits family a great weekend of boating. I sure hope we see some of them down our way come October!!!

Stay tuned and PLEASE, PLEASE send in Entry forms and Registrations ASAP!!!
    Mike Miller
    "What you would seem to be, be really!" Ben Franklin

There are some great places south of Sarasota also. The Waterfront Bar and Grill (south Sarasota) has the largest waterfront deck in Sarasota and lots of dockage, Casey Key Fish House and Tiki bar (Osprey) is a very popular place but has limited dock space, Pop's Tropic grill (Nokomis) fair dock space, Marker 4 restaurant (Venice) enough dock space for about 30 16 footers. All on the ICW bummer is the 25 mph speed limits in the channel to all these places. If it is a calm weekend you can jump outside through Big Pass from Sarasota and run to the Venice Inlet along the beach. There are also quite a few places north of Sarasota in Bradenton along the water that I'm not as familar with but being tourism is our only real industry the destinations are like weeds, kinda endless. Mike check up Longboat Key and Anna Maria Island. And yes I do plan to attend as long as the boat is ready, 2 1/2 year long project will hopefully be coming to an end soon.
    1999 16 Classic Black on White

Quote Originally Posted by hdsadey View Post
    There are some great places south of Sarasota also. The Waterfront Bar and Grill (south Sarasota) has the largest waterfront deck in Sarasota and lots of dockage, Casey Key Fish House and Tiki bar (Osprey) is a very popular place but has limited dock space, Pop's Tropic grill (Nokomis) fair dock space, Marker 4 restaurant (Venice) enough dock space for about 30 16 footers. All on the ICW bummer is the 25 mph speed limits in the channel to all these places. If it is a calm weekend you can jump outside through Big Pass from Sarasota and run to the Venice Inlet along the beach. There are also quite a few places north of Sarasota in Bradenton along the water that I'm not as familar with but being tourism is our only real industry the destinations are like weeds, kinda endless. Mike check up Longboat Key and Anna Maria Island. And yes I do plan to attend as long as the boat is ready, 2 1/2 year long project will hopefully be coming to an end soon.

You are correct. There are a lot good places around. But, we have to look other factors also. For instance, many years ago we headed south to Venice for lunch. The weather had kicked up, so the Gulf was a mess and most of the boats could not go there. So, we had to use the intracoastal all the way south and back. It was rather sunny that day and temps went into the thousands. We all roasted because of all the no wake zones. That really sucked.

So, there are some other factors taken into consideration when planning the lunch run.

B
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

So, would this be a kid friendly event? Or am I looking for a weekend babysitter???

Yeah I think there are now 3 no wake zones south of Sarasota. Venice is no longer boater friendly for the performance crowd, unfortunately, we locals refer to Venice as God's Waiting Room.. I just looked up the zones for Sarasota county. North of Siesta Key bridge is normal operating speed, hence unlimited.

http://www.4sarasota.com/Sarasota/Re...n/boating.html
    1999 16 Classic Black on White

CLAYMAN is allliiiiiiiiiiiivve!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!

Clayman: of course it is kid friendly - it's boating! But then again... if you were to get a babysitter you could also make it a non-kid-friendly event! The evening events are simply dinner. After dinner it is up to you whether you stay parental or go juvenile like some others

Really hope to see you there!

Hdsadey: Thanks for the input. Remember... we want a nice run for Saturday so lunch should not be too close to the Hyatt. Lots of factors to think about. I like all the places you mentioned and will look into them!
    Mike Miller
    "What you would seem to be, be really!" Ben Franklin

Bump :-) Is it October yet???? Come on budman help me out here!!!!!
    1998 22 Classic

And the Lord said "LET THERE BE FEAR" and so was created a BIG BLOCK CHEVY. GOT BOOST!

Bob n Mikey said relax!! Lets just say that you and Gina are ALMOST as excited as Denese and I.

Y'all are excitecd becasue I am going to be there....right?......Jim, Bud... RIGHT???
    Capt. D.J. "Jefe" Reid -- RIP Big Grizz..and MOM
    '98 30ZF - Jefe's Revenge, '07 250 E-Tecs
    Founder/Co-Captain (South Region) - Donzi RED Bikini Crew
    "Revenge is a Dish Best Served...Wet"
    www.facebook.com/Team.Jefe

Thread Information