Thread: wannabee Donzi owner, project sweet 16 value?

wannabee Donzi owner, project sweet 16 value?

hey guys, this is my first post and i've really fallen for the lines of the 16 and 18 donzis. remind me alot of the 71 correct craft separator my ole man had when I was a kid. Hopefully I'm in the right spot with this post. I came across what looks to be a stripped 1991 donzi sweet 16. it's missing the outdrive and the interior and engine hatch are also possibly MIA. It's a 4.3l boat with no trailer. Wondering what you guys thought for a value?? maybe run two scenarios for me, if it's complete minus the outdrive and if it's also missing the engine hatch and interior.

thanks, I'm looking for a project, but not something to lose my shirt on.

I remember those Correct Crafts...went for a test ride in one...Our dealer also had the Cobalts available for sale at that time for $3k (sweet sixteen nock-offs) really nice at time...my dad chose the Correct Craft Mustang (16 with direct drive inboard....not the nicest ride)...hindsight! Research the "Donzis for sale" board on this site for a while to get an idea of what you can get and for how much.... The 4.3 won't out run your correct craft by much...can get same boat with tons more horsepower... I bought a classic 16 off a guy on this board that has 377 hp .... The used boat market is a buyers market now...gas prices...take your time...some really good ones around. Be willing to drive a bit.... Plenty of info on this sight & everybody is really nice and willing to answer any questions you might ask....Have fun. Scott

little more info i found on the boat:

it wasn't stripped, the interior/hatch were just removed.

it was at some point a saltwater boat

the outdrive (OMC cobra) was removed to be rebuilt but the shop went out of business and the drive disappeared

boat has sat winterized for 2-3 years

motor is "not locked up" but that's all the info available.

guy wants a bit over $3k for it with no trailer as it sits. I'm thinking it's not worth over $2500??

bare minimum if the engine is ok, I'm guessing it will need a complete tuneup. anyone have thoughts on a rough idea of costs here?

good drive?
    engine tune?
    common omc drive issues?

should I post this in a different section of the forum?? mods??

Thread Information