Thread: Spark Plugs 350 MAG MPI

Spark Plugs 350 MAG MPI

Can anyone provide the part number and any recommendations on some spark plugs for a 2000 350 MAG MPI. I did a quick search and am coming up with different part numbers depending on the website. Also, are the $16+ plugs really worth it or am I better off just using a standard or iridium plug? Any help is greatly appreciated.

The factory MR43T work the best on GM blocks. not sure why but they do. I have tried NGK equivalent plain Jane's and platinum's and am going back to the 43T's, the 43's run smooth stay nice and clean.
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

Thanks so much for the quick response. I know they will come pre gapped but any chance you know the factory spec? Also, any recommendation on the spark plug wires or know the factory part numbers on those? My boat is in storage and going to get it this weekend to get the maintenance done.

I am not sure what the recommendation for your setup is, the old stock setting was .035. I run a very hot coil and gap mine at .050, you can try Googling it! Phil

I've used both the 43's and the NGK's. No major difference but NGK's had a little more in it.

MOP/z-man thanks for the info. Running a 22zx, alpha 1 and 24 pitch 4 blade bravo prop, love the boat can't wait to get it up and running for the season.

You are welcome. Go fire up that motor, make some noise and have a great summer!

Thread Information