Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AOTH Eve...

AOTH Eve...

Scott Boldt, the guy who pushed for the original AOTH runs, used to write a quick post on what I like to call “AOTH Eve”, or the night before everyone started to travel to Kentucky.

So here we are. The day or so before the eleventh run of the Awakening of the Horses. People are loading up their boats, their weekend “perishables”, and getting ready for an awesome time on the water and the docks with great friends made over years of attending this rally in the Spring.

Last fall, we lost a great one. Big Grizzly. I have spent some time over the months since his passing wondering what would Grizzly do? Well, I know. He would say just go do it again and have a ball doing it. If you are looking behind you, then you aren’t going fast enough! And so, we will.

So be safe on the road. Check those tires, slow down, and get here in one piece. And get ready for one heck of a great time. The water awaits.

There's a little black boat hooked up to the Pathfinder outside right now. 2nd day of prep coming up tomorrow
    1970 18 Classic-original

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin

Have fun boys and girls, be safe and savour the moment....

Have a great time everyone! Im jealous and hope to be there next year and hang out with you all. Be well and be safe... Cant wait to see some pictures
    RIP Big Grizzly... Im sure there will be a few toasts in your honor.
    The sting of poor quailty far outlasts the Joy of a cheap price...

GT waxed and ready Cant wait

Parnell
    Time forSweet Cheekz to find a new home

No road trip for me, just a 40 minute drive to the Sacramento airport about 5:00 AM Thursday morning, a few hours on a plane, then a few hours in the back of Mike's truck up to the lake.

I'll likely miss the dinner, but should be just in time for after dinner refreshments. Too bad I can't bring a cooler of beer as a carry-on. TSA might not like that.
    Don
    '01 22 Classic, 502/B1
    And a bunch of other stuff

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by zelatore View Post
    No road trip for me, just a 40 minute drive to the Sacramento airport about 5:00 AM Thursday morning, a few hours on a plane, then a few hours in the back of Mike's truck up to the lake.

I'll likely miss the dinner, but should be just in time for after dinner refreshments. Too bad I can't bring a cooler of beer as a carry-on. TSA might not like that.

SOB...............

Hooked up and rolling in the morning. Unfortunately, I've got to make a couple of work stops. I look forward to seeing everyone late on Thursday. Wishing everyone safe travels and I'm ready for another great AOTH!

Hey RT....What time does the auction start Saturday eve ?

Phil S.

Trip prep!

Just completed the impeller replacement. Good thing i'm handy. only took me 6 months to complete. Put in at ramp Sun and it had power but starter did not turn over. Pulled it out- back home to check out. Got it turng over - back to ramp. Cranked it on trailer- ran it to be sure it was pumping water -did not want to risk trial on the water hose. Leaking blue drain plug on manifold broke off when I tightened it. Monday- found a dealer who stocked and made a lunch run from work. Trial #2 Monday after work so back to ramp. Ran fine on trailer so got it up to temp before parking boat at dock and pulled trailer to parking lot. Wind was 30 mph with 2-3' whitecaps - good conditions for me. 9 miles later - no visible problems!! I'm pulling my boat to Jamestown! It was close, the boat is dirty so after work Wed, I'll pack and hose it off. No time for a good wax job but for a 23 year old boat,
    its all good.

Sheila and I will be traveling Thurs am Taking I-24 from Chatt past Murphesboro-heading north to drop off a passenger in Scottsville Ky then west to Jamestown. We hope to arrive in time for dinner!!

Looking forward to seeing all! Hope everyone arrives safely! I remember last year- some had multiple issues but its a journey that pulls us together. Nobody said it was supposed to be easy...
    RKILBY
    25th Anniversary
    1988 22 Classic
    1966 16' Ski Sporter

Just checked in, 27 steps to docks and from what I can see looks clear, hoping to get on water tomorrow see ya when you all arrive.
    Steve
    2006 CLASSIC 18 WHIPPLED MX 6.2, BRAVO 1, STAINLESS MARINE EXHAUST, LATHAM STEERING, IMCO 2" SHORTY, LABBED MIRAGE PLUS

TALK IS CHEAP, I'M FROM THE "SHOW ME STATE" SHOW ME

Quote Originally Posted by fogducker III View Post
    SOB...............
    Hey, I know for a fact they have an airplane in Canada.

Whether they let it fly east of Calgary, I can't say.
    Don
    '01 22 Classic, 502/B1
    And a bunch of other stuff

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by sweet 16 1966 View Post
    Just completed the impeller replacement. Good thing i'm handy. only took me 6 months to complete. Put in at ramp Sun and it had power but starter did not turn over. Pulled it out- back home to check out. Got it turng over - back to ramp. Cranked it on trailer- ran it to be sure it was pumping water -did not want to risk trial on the water hose. Leaking blue drain plug on manifold broke off when I tightened it. Monday- found a dealer who stocked and made a lunch run from work. Trial #2 Monday after work so back to ramp. Ran fine on trailer so got it up to temp before parking boat at dock and pulled trailer to parking lot. Wind was 30 mph with 2-3' whitecaps - good conditions for me. 9 miles later - no visible problems!! I'm pulling my boat to Jamestown! It was close, the boat is dirty so after work Wed, I'll pack and hose it off. No time for a good wax job but for a 23 year old boat,
    its all good.
    Sheila and I will be traveling Thurs am Taking I-24 from Chatt past Murphesboro-heading north to drop off a passenger in Scottsville Ky then west to Jamestown. We hope to arrive in time for dinner!!
    Looking forward to seeing all! Hope everyone arrives safely! I remember last year- some had multiple issues but its a journey that pulls us together. Nobody said it was supposed to be easy...
    Good story!! Yep....In TRUE "Awakening of the Horses" fashion!
    www.mwdonziclub.com

It has rained ever since I returned from Florida!!

Still no wash, no wax! But engine is ANGRY and READY TO RIP!!!

My brother did all the trailer maintenance while I was out of town so we will get their in one piece!

We should roll in before noon Thursday!
    www.mwdonziclub.com

Y'all have fun.

And please post pictures for us bench racers still at home!

Thread Information