Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AOTH Lake Conditions

AOTH Lake Conditions

Has anyone heard of the lake conditions at lake cumberland? any debris in water? Should i increase my insurance policy?

Tyler,

We are at Lake Cumberland right now getting ready for the rally.

A little background on the area. Lake Cumberland was built with the primary mission being flood control. And of course, the entire country has had extreme rains this spring, so there is a lot of water in the lake.

As a result, there is going to be some floaters in the water, just like there is every spring. Ironically, we have had more damage to boats in the years that featured clear waters, due to people running their boats harder. A couple of years ago, we had seven drives blown!

In regards to insurance, if you don't have an agreed value policy with decent liability coverage, then now might be the time to take a look at it. While our run emphasizes safety, you are going to be running with a lot of folks at high rates of speed, which is a blast, but has its own inherent risks.

We do intend to get out an assess condtions, before everyone gets here, and will be able to give folks a report as part of the driver's meetings each day. No doubt though, we will have excellent boating!

We look forward to meeting you and the crew next week.

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

Tyler,,in other words make sure you have under water insurance.This will cover your drive and prop incase you his a log..

Not what I said Fixx...

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    Tyler,,in other words make sure you have under water insurance.This will cover your drive and prop incase you his a log..
    Your "in other words" comments are your words, not mine Fixx, and I didn't state that your policy should include under water insurance, you did.

What I DID say was that this would be a good time to evaluate your policy for running with a group for liability and agreed value limits for the appropriate exposure.

So, feel free to state your opinion, even though you have never been here for AOTH, but please do not take my words out of context, thank you. FWIW, I have attended ten of these runs in a row, and I stand by what I originally stated from that experience. And I am not alone, as about 90 out of the 100 folks pre-registered are repeat attendees.

4 gods sake

tell it like it is rt, could be log infested like it has been the last 2 yrs or could be clear like it was before then. with the rains that are forcast i would up my ins
    h.f.e.c.d

Quote Originally Posted by gero1 View Post
    tell it like it is rt, could be log infested like it has been the last 2 yrs or could be clear like it was before then. with the rains that are forcast i would up my ins
    So Robert, how much damage did you incur in the last five or six years of running at AOTH? And you run a Blackhawk with a lot of very expensive hard to find parts. Let me help you with your answer. NONE.

We run a safe event. Mandatory tethers, safety vests, personal insurance, liability sign-offs, driver's meetings, and chase/tow boats. We are not going to intentionally put people in harms way and we never have.

As I said before, 90 out of 100 people coming this year are repeat attendees. Do you think they would be back, if they were constantly tearing up their boats?

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip se View Post
    Your "in other words" comments are your words, not mine Fixx, and I didn't state that your policy should include under water insurance, you did.

What I DID say was that this would be a good time to evaluate your policy for running with a group for liability and agreed value limits for the appropriate exposure.

So, feel free to state your opinion, even though you have never been here for AOTH, but please do not take my words out of context, thank you. FWIW, I have attended ten of these runs in a row, and I stand by what I originally stated from that experience. And I am not alone, as about 90 out of the 100 folks pre-registered are repeat attendees.

everyone's rite!!!!! you got issues!!! Did i quote your statement RT????? the last i checked i said TYLER!!! So GET off my back...

This is the reason i DONT attend thease events, you think your better then everyone else!!!
    Enjoy dodging logs & trees..Who knows maybe you will run into what's left of someones house...

you think your better then everyone else!!!
    seems to be an epidemic around this place. seems anybody whos anybody signed off on this place long,long ago... and im taling years before the poodle ran.

way toooo many better than thou' and know everything(nothing) attitudes.

still some good peeps here but the basket is full of bad apples looking to put somebody down.

Fixx...

everyone's rite!!!!! you got issues!!! Did i quote your statement RT????? the last i checked i said TYLER!!! So GET off my back...
    This is the reason i DONT attend thease events, you think your better then everyone else!!!
    Enjoy dodging logs & trees..Who knows maybe you will run into what's left of someones house...
    You posted "in other words" right after my response to Tyler, which can be easily interpreted to mean, "this is what he really said" and I didn't. And I stand by how I reacted.

And you don't know me or anyone else here really, because you haven't attended any events by your own admission, so save the personal judgement calls for someone who knows you and respects your opinion of them. I could care less.

As for wishing anyone harm on a public forum, that points to the perspective that perhaps YOU are the one with issues. We do these runs on an all volunteer basis, they are run safely, and I refuse to take crap from someone who has never attended, has no clue of the community it creates amongst good friends year-after-year, and attempts to tear the whole thing down from a complete postion of ignorance.

Heck, a few weeks back, you were ripping on the fricking t-shirt design for this year's theme. Really. A troll like manuever. So excuse me, if I don't see your concern for someone's insurance coverage as genuine, at this point.

Now, feel free to crawl back under your rock, while we go run and enjoy our Donzis, which is what I thought this site was all about.

Thank you for all the input. Cant wait to get down there wednesday, its gonna be a riot. i will be bringing the yelllow devil 22 classic and this will be our first trip to Aoth. see you soon! -Tyler

Smile With regrets Mr. Somerville

I can never get away from my biz in May . If I could, I'd still attend AOTH, even if they drained the lake Have fun Ya'LL. Some day.......

I just saw on .org that there is 27 steps till you hit the water. In previous years people said there was 71 steps. Adverage step being 7 inches thats over 25 feet above previous years. Dont know if debrit washes up from the shore... if so be carefull guys. Chit comes up fast when ur doing 80 I think Fixx was just trying to help, Cut him some slack
    The sting of poor quailty far outlasts the Joy of a cheap price...

really doesn't matter.... i've NEVER heard anybody say they had a bad time that wasn't there to enjoy the people, the boats, and the camraderie

besides, i'll be there, what more could you want
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    really doesn't matter.... i've NEVER heard anybody say they had a bad time that wan't their to enjoy the people, the boats, and the camraderie

besides, i'll be there, what more could you want
    It does sound like a great time...Hope the bars are well stocked
    The sting of poor quailty far outlasts the Joy of a cheap price...

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyc View Post
    It does sound like a great time...Hope the bars are well stocked
    Isn't it a dry county?
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Thread Information