Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 1960 Century

1960 Century

Hey guy's just got the ole girl (HOME) and have decided to throw on a few more planks , and hopefully i can .......average two planks a side per week .

I like it!
    That'll be a pretty good experience.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

I , would like to mention that i have already replaced some of the frameing or (ribs), Battens , Aft deck ,tumble-home frameing , new cover boards .and in the future hopefully all new hull side's

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    I like it!
    That'll be a pretty good experience.
    George , funny thing i started out in this business doing wooden boats in my teen years ........ well over 40 years ago and for a change i thought i would get back to doing some good old fashion boat building or should i say the basics .

a view more pics of my project .

Looks good Artie. I'd like to follow the progress if you feel like documenting it here.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by Carl C View Post
    Looks good Artie. I'd like to follow the progress if you feel like documenting it here.
    Thank you Carl , and yes i will be posting more pics of this little project.

Quote Originally Posted by OFFSHORE GINGER View Post
    Thank you Carl , and yes i will be posting more pics of this little project.
    Artie,
    That is much more than a "little project". I remember having to replace a couple side boards, the king plank, the splash boards, and the entire transom on my 1939 Chris Craft 17' deluxe runabout about 25 years ago. That was a lot of time and work, but your project makes mine seem easy. Do you have a steam heater for the side boards? Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Resorter I'm guessing?

I started my biz with some wooden boats as well.. There is still some magic about them that keeps them cool.. I do a lot more glass these days in comparison, but we still do some here and there. I have an old Chris in out shop now getting some stuff done and had a Gar Wood in last fall...

Anyway, cool project Artie..

Jamie / Lakeside

Wouldn't it be easier to just fell a tree and start from scratch ? ?

And I don't care if those screws are going to be filled over , I still want them in uniform !

What a neat project .
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

Quote Originally Posted by LKSD View Post
    Resorter I'm guessing?

I started my biz with some wooden boats as well.. There is still some magic about them that keeps them cool.. I do a lot more glass these days in comparison, but we still do some here and there. I have an old Chris in out shop now getting some stuff done and had a Gar Wood in last fall...

Anyway, cool project Artie..

Jamie / Lakeside
    Jamie , yes it is a Resorter, and to tell you the truth i have had the boat in storage sitting in its orginal state planking , hull side's, decks , cover boards , ext , ext , trying to sale it because i have been way to busy in the past & this (spring) to do much of anything on her, and figured seeing it is now in my garage , and has not sold i will replace the hull side's instead of giving the boat away to tire kickers , if you know what i mean . Bill , i will be making a make shift steamer for a few planks in the future and the funny thing is ...... the beauty of working on a wooden boat is........ after working on glass boats all day long , i can come home and work on it never picking up a Grinder or have to suit up .

Thread Information