Thread: Wrap on my Z33

Wrap on my Z33

Hey guys, as promised some pics of the Wrap done on my Z33. I will get much better pics soon, but these give you the idea. Nobody believes it is NOT paint, it looks amazing! And all for $1700 and 2 days in the shop.

What do you to keep it clean.do you still wax it.I have a guy who offered this to do this on my boat.he has a shop called jd graffics.it's all 3m wrap.looks really good .thanks craig

Great color.

Looks great.

Ken

It looks like the same vinyl lettering I had on my sail boat, it was near ballistic even after 12 years it was still like new with the exception of a few dinghy scrapes. Better than paint holds a shine without constant waxing, wonder it there is a place close by the right coast!
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

Quote Originally Posted by craigdskilling View Post
    What do you to keep it clean.do you still wax it.I have a guy who offered this to do this on my boat.he has a shop called jd graffics.it's all 3m wrap.looks really good .thanks craig
    Craig
    You don't have to do anything special to keep it clean. The product they used here is by http://www.oracal.com/ they have a marine specific wrap and several other "performance wraps". I am getting my Sunseeker done in a Metalic Platinum, it looks awesome!

You can wax it if you want, but I just use regular soap and water for now.

Did you just do the deck.Or the hole boat.If you where to do the bottom of the boat would this make it slower in the drag.I am very interested i hope these aren't stupid Q.

Looks Great!

Yellow Z33's really tweek my knobs!
    Don
    '01 22 Classic, 502/B1
    And a bunch of other stuff

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

That looks great. I'm about to do some big lettering on my magnum and was concerned about how it would look compared to paint but that is encouraging. Nice looking job, good luck with it.

- Marshall
    1978 Magnum Starfire "MAYHEM"
    1994 Donzi 22 Classic 540/Blackhawk - Sold
    1982 Midnight Express 32 SS

Quote Originally Posted by craigdskilling View Post
    Did you just do the deck.Or the hole boat.If you where to do the bottom of the boat would this make it slower in the drag.I am very interested i hope these aren't stupid Q.
    I did all the yellow on the boat, turned out great! I can't see why it would slow the boat down, all the yellow is above the water line

Quote Originally Posted by MDonziM View Post
    That looks great. I'm about to do some big lettering on my magnum and was concerned about how it would look compared to paint but that is encouraging. Nice looking job, good luck with it.

- Marshall
    I had this color matched to the original on the boat, they can make ANY color you want as a custom, or the manufactures of the vinyl make a LOT of pre made colors to choose from as well.

Looks great.I'm in kitchener ont and have a lead on won guy who can do it.He just did his 28 donzi zx with a wild look .i will try to get some picks to put up.

Looks great Mark. Very professional job.

Thread Information