Thread: A Load Rite Trailer for a 16?

A Load Rite Trailer for a 16?

I have a few Load Rite Trailer dealers near me in Mass.
    I have a 1995 16 with a V-8. It sits on a 1995 Eagle all steal painted trailer.
    I would like to get a new aluminum trailer for the boat.
    If anyone has a Load Rite for their 16? What model did you choose?
    I like dual axle vs single but I could be talked out of that. What extras has anyone added on that were worth it and do I need brakes to tow a 16? I haven't had problems for over a decade not having brakes.
    Thanks Dave

Do you have pics of the boat on trailer ? I live in Hingham,Ma . Do you intend to sell the steel trailer ? Michael "HIGH LIFE"

I can't speak to Load-Rite specifically but on a 16:

Forget the dual axles. More cost, more maintenance, harder to turn, harder to push around by hand. You don't need it for such low weight.

Yes brakes. Surge if you want to save a few bucks, electric over hydraulic if you want to go top of the line. Depending on the state, you may be required to have brakes. Even if your state doesn't have the requirement, if you go on a road trip you know you'll be covered. Plus it adds a safety margin even if you're towing with a full size truck.

Goal posts or side bunks - I don't know if they are standard on Load-Rite, but they make loading sooo much easier.

Spare on the trailer. Maybe mounted with a complete hub.

LED lights - finally stop fiddling with bulbs every time you hook the thing up!

I think that about covers it...
    Don
    '01 22 Classic, 502/B1
    And a bunch of other stuff

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Thread Information