Thread: AOTH XI Auction Details - Things you need to know

AOTH XI Auction Details - Things you need to know

Okay, So for those of you who are 'Newbies' (don't mind the terminology, we were all 'new' once) to the event this year, here is a run down of what to expect and bring.

1. Bring an item to donate to the auction. Here are some ideas: anything Donzi (shirt, hat, coolers, dock lines, etc), items of interest (autographed guitars, autographed anything), various boating items (if it's somethin you'd want, bring it for some others to bid on), beer/wine/booze (okay, while we don't want to promote drinking and boating, this event is in a dry county and some people may have not packed enough for the event.

2. Bring money! If you want to buy any of these things, you're gonna need some money. No credit cards are accepted. Cash is good!

The auction is on the last night of the event (Saturday night), and I will be your master of ceremonies. No, I have had no professional training, but I did watch a livestock auctioneer not wash his hands in a mens room once. While Barbi and I will not have 'DIDN'T ASK' down there this year (or Barbi for that matter....no, no problems with she and I, just schedules are jacked up with kids sports and all), I will be down for Saturday night. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to let me know.

Tom
    2002 28ZX

Auctioneer Emertius...

Tom is making a special trip down for Saturday night to conduct the auction and see everyone. I don't know anyone who wants to follow in his footsteps and try to do this, as it is has become a FishinSucks kind of thing. Thanks Tom!

To all of you, we really need your active participation in this auction. Tom makes it fun, but the reality is that without a good auction, the club loses money putting this event on. $75 barely covers the cost of the food, much less t-shirts, tow boats, insurance, awards, fun run prizes, tips for the staff, and everything else the MWDC does.

Thanks in advance for bringing something cool with you to contribute and for bidding high!

The MWDC...

Go Tom!
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

Time to start digging for that good stuff in the garage for the auction!

I am bringing a Hornet Marine clone. Not expecting to get more than a 100.00, but I figure what the heck......

Seriously, first auction and if the twins are alseep, looking foward to it.....
    1979 Donzi Criterion
    1997 Classic 16
    2007 G3 w/ Yamaha 90 hp jet outboard
    Jackson Hole, WY
    www.jacksonholealltrans.com

Just my .02, which in this economy, is only worth .01, and actually is less than that since my original .02 isn't really worth .02.

Bring them to the auction and Tom will put them to sleep. He's boring and low key but its for a good cause so we try to stay awake

Parnell
    Time forSweet Cheekz to find a new home

Thanx Parnell....you are kind to dumb animals!!!

I wouldnt say I'm quite as fowl as def comedy jam, but I sure aint sesame street! Hard sayin what mode I'll be in, I won't be all primed up from the raft off like previous years. we'll see what a couple shots of patron will do for me or whatever else someone hands me
    2002 28ZX

Can a sell a twin? The boy is driving me crazy........
    1979 Donzi Criterion
    1997 Classic 16
    2007 G3 w/ Yamaha 90 hp jet outboard
    Jackson Hole, WY
    www.jacksonholealltrans.com

Just my .02, which in this economy, is only worth .01, and actually is less than that since my original .02 isn't really worth .02.

Quote Originally Posted by Donziweasel View Post
    Can a sell a twin? The boy is driving me crazy........
    sure..........but if the item doesnt sell, you are responsible for taking it home
    2002 28ZX

Thread Information