Thread: 1997 25Zx Qyestion

1997 25Zx Qyestion

Hi guys, I am getting pretty close to buying a 1997 25ZX. Its going to Eastside Offshore in Kirkland, Wa tomorrow for a mechanical inspection to make sure it's all good.
    My question is, is there anything I should watch or look out for on a ZX of that age? The 502 and B1 drive only has 50 hours since rebuild. The hull is pretty clean for that age and the interior is freshly redone. I went over it today pretty well and didn't see anything that made me reconsider the purchase. Anyways, if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it. Thanks

I have not heard of anything to watch out for on the 25 or 27 ZX's. As far as I know, fairly solid boat, no 'rot' issues that I am aware of. If I remember correctly (scary thot), the 502 pushes that boat around the 60 MPH range (+/- 1 mph). Not the fastest hull, but good riding (somewhat on the heavy side). If you are willing to throw 'crazy' money at it (75k+), you can run 103.6 on GPS like Silverback on the site here. Not sure if he gets on much anymore though. Hope all goes well,

tom
    2002 28ZX

Thread Information