Thread: How much am I worth?

How much am I worth?

1987 22 Classic, 454, 815 hrs, excellent condition, extras: capts call exhaust, stereo w amp and sub, trailer (fair shape). #10 of 25 25th anniversary edition 22 Classics built in 87.

Anything I need to look out for w this vintage Donzi? Any comments/ advice is appreciated for this newcomer/potential future proud Donzi owner.

Thanks!

Joe

You need to check the transom and stringer wood, very common they are going or gone! Value is tough without a good look see, it pays in many cases to hire a surveyor.
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

Thanks, MOP. NADA is quoting $7,230 for “average retail”

http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/1987...dard-Equipment

Any thoughts out there on the NADA pricing for Donzi’s?

More importantly, any Rough Order of Magnitude (+/- $3k) thoughts on what I’ve described above? Any numbers would help.

Maybe $3,000.00 to $15,000.00.
    There can be huge differences from boat to boat.
    MOP is right, a survey is important.
    I would suggest coming up w/a budget and finding the best boat you can unless you plan on doing extensive repairs.
    NADA is just an average of sale prices and doesn't reflect anything about the average condition of 24 year old performance boats.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

GBond Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MOP View Post
    You need to check the transom and string wood, very common they are going or gone! Value is tough without a good look see, it pays in many cases to hire a surveyor.
    Read MOP's post several times. The anniversary edition has no added value to this particular boat IMO.

Thanks guys, I read ya loud and clear.

Do not rely on NADA! I was a yacht broker they for the most part are way off, they value boats in a similar manner to cars. That just does not work with boats there are just to many variables. If you get real serious hire a surveyor, Google NAMS and SAMS National assos of marine surveyors or Society of the same, they have locators for you area. Over the years I have used them stateside and in the Med and Europe with very good results.

Phil
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

Thread Information