Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: sinlge bench hornet in NJ who bought it?

sinlge bench hornet in NJ who bought it?

who bought this rare sinlge bench in south NJ for $1000?

just spoke to the owner who stated he really didnt know what he had...should be ashamed of yourself to take advantage of someone.

Geeeze, If I knew it was right around the corner I would have bought it
    The sting of poor quailty far outlasts the Joy of a cheap price...

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    who bought this rare sinlge bench in south NJ for $1000?

just spoke to the owner who stated he really didnt know what he had...should be ashamed of yourself to take advantage of someone.
    I'm confused. Are you saying you would have approached the owner, educated him about how rare his boat is and then paid the man many thousands more than he was asking or prepared to take? Interesting position to take. Were you interested in this boat? Sour grapes?

This is the most judgmental forum I have ever been a part of.

Good luck to the new owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman99 View Post
    I'm confused. Are you saying you would have approached the owner, educated him about how rare his boat is and then paid the man many thousands more than he was asking or prepared to take? Interesting position to take. Were you interested in this boat?

Seems unlikely doesnt it?

Go on Offshoreonly someday

Good luck to the new owner.
    Ditto and congrats

Parnell
    Time forSweet Cheekz to find a new home

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyc View Post
    Geeeze, If I knew it was right around the corner I would have bought it

Buddy,,remember me wireing you the money for that one on monday!!! ShhhHHHHHHHHHHHH,,dont tell nobody that i only paid a grand for it..

Where was this boat posted for sale? Also...was it a true Bench Seat or was it a walk through bench seat? Alot of people confuse the two who dont know much about boats.

Scott Pearson
    President, Lake George Donzi Classic Club
    www.lgdonziclassic.com

ohhhhh boy here we go........
    FISH HARD

Talking

Another Who Cares!
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

With 29 posts it seems a bit early for you to be so judgmental.

Member: Red Boat Club
    1996 22' Classic
    Volvo 7.4GSi/DPX (E-4 props)
    bone stock 72.8 gps mph

Sounds like a great buy. Post pics if you've got them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    With 29 posts it seems a bit early for you to be so judgmental.
    I was waiting for one of you monster posters to comment on my low post count. As you can also see I've been a member since 2006. Reasonably long time I think. A lurker for sure but I joined this forum to learn as much as I could before purchasing my Donzi. In this regard I have found the forum to be invaluable.

What I have noticed over many years of reading is an over-abundance of people with large post counts (much like yourself) implying that people like me have no right to comment on other peoples insulting and asinine comments. Wink all you want but stand by my post and if I'm reading correctly, others seem to agree.

Certainly calling someone out on a post they started in an effort to insult another possible member of this board can't be against the rules now can it. As well, I was not passing judgement on the negativity I've witnessed here, merely commenting on it. I'm happy to point out many examples of what I mean but I'm sure most of these threads have been deleted lest they become an example of the regular mean spirited posts I seem to come across especially with regard to boats for sale. We wouldn't want to scare away potential new(paying) members would we?

In closing Tony, while I appreciate your opinion, whether I have 29 posts or 20000, my comment is my own and I have a right to it. You may think I haven't earned the right to voice it but since 2006 I've read many posts and seen many an insult. The OP should be ashamed of his attitude. And I have the right to say it.

Post #30 completed

I'm confused. Are you saying you would have approached the owner, educated him about how rare his boat is and then paid the man many thousands more than he was asking or prepared to take? Interesting position to take. Were you interested in this boat? Sour grapes?

Bigman99, I am not trying to bash you, but this is how threads get out of control. Are you not being judgemental with your post? Your question to Christian could have been more diplomatic. I didn't automatically assume his post was of a negative nature. It may be.....it may not be. I would prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Why is faster never fast enough.

I searched on Ebay and Craigslist

and did not see it.

Quote Originally Posted by yeller View Post
    Bigman99, I am not trying to bash you, but this is how threads get out of control. Are you not being judgemental with your post? Your question to Christian could have been more diplomatic. I didn't automatically assume his post was of a negative nature. It may be.....it may not be. I would prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Last I will say about this. Christian states that the buyer ought to be ashamed of himself...this is a positive re-enforcement of the buyers acquisition? Please. If I had bought the boat in question I would have been thoroughly offended at someone stating that I "should be ashamed of myself". I fail to see how you don't see this as a negative post.

No doubt he felt the buyer ripped the seller off and implied it...publicly. He also contacted the seller and, unsolicited, informed the man that he had been underpaid. Reprehensible. The fact that you would prefer to ignore these facts is ridiculous.

One other point. Please don't accuse me creating the situation here. The OP created it with his acidic post. Did he not expect a response or was he just spitting into the wind?

You may wonder why I'm being so hard nosed about this. Perhaps it's because the buyer had the right to buy the boat without judgement by Christian or anyone else for whatever price he and the seller could agree on. The seller probably felt good about his $1000.00 but do you think he does now? Not likely thanks to someones intervention. At what point should I have been diplomatic? Perhaps that same privilege should have been shown the buyer....

Search deep!

I almost bought a Seabee seaplane like this. A guy on craigslist had a few junk boats listed. I don't even know why I clicked on the listing. There on the bottom a one line phrase "also have an old seaplane for sale"
    After I regrouped my brain I decided not to buy it but it was a steal.
    Look close. I think this is the Donzi in question. I could be wrong.

Thread Information