Thread: donzi 25 ragazza-89...with arneson

donzi 25 ragazza-89...with arneson

hello ,,
    i have a ragazza 25 from 89 that used to have ford omc 460 engine in it and a king cobra drive...now that the drive is dead and rotten i want to make some changes..
    i have some questions i hope you experienced donzi people can shed some light on for me...
    nr.1.....can i mount arneson asd6 surface drive on the boat succesfully ???
    has anybody done that on a 25 ?? it costs me a fortune to replace the king cobra..
    is there space enough in engine compartment for a new 460 engine with velvet drive ???
    any suggestions and help appreciated..
    also i am buying a new engine from usa shortly and i wonder what some people mean by dove c heads ???
    whats the diffrence from original heads and dove c ???
    i am planning to put a new engine with holley intake, holley carbs, better ignition, performance exhausts etc etc,,not to make boat superfast , just dont like the stock stuff,,its old n heavy..on ebay i found new 460 engines for 2000 usd at hiperformance...since they build at order i will also make some small upgrades,,all tips, warnings and suggestiuons appreciated,,
    jonas from sweden..

You would need to use the Arneson Bravo Kit that they make

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

the only way to get the arneson to fit is use a extension box,,this will house the transmission and comes in the brabo kit as mentioned above..

why do you want a ford 460?? you would be better off with a 502 or a 496 ho with closed cooling so the engine wont rot with the salt water..

True, the Fords are not as common, not as readily available for parts and are in general more expensive to build. But every now and then a Ford fan puts one in a boat. For a Bravo there is one major problem for the Fords and this is that there is no "Bell Housing" for the Ford that fits the Bravo making installing and alignment more difficult in comparison to the GM motors.

Thread Information