Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Donzi: The Porsche Of Powerboats!........

Donzi: The Porsche Of Powerboats!........

I'll still take my ZRs straight up but great to see this on the cover of a mainstream boating mag! Look out "Powerboat", this issue is heavy on high performance including an item on thunderboat row & Don Aronow.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Now that is one hell of a Bowrider...
    The sting of poor quailty far outlasts the Joy of a cheap price...

It goes 78 mph with the new Mercury 8.2L production engines.

I think its great... Would love one. Is it 300k plus?
    The sting of poor quailty far outlasts the Joy of a cheap price...

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyc View Post
    I think its great... Would love one. Is it 300k plus?
    $279,000 bare bones as tested. It needs the 525s. They gave it a great write up though.

Cool

It is easy to get fixated on the photo, a wow shot looking good and running sweet!
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

That is the same boat that was at the Tulsa boat sport and travel show this year. I wonder if it is still located at the new Donzi dealer here.
    Never Kick a opossum at 40 mph!

GBond Guest

Thumbs down

Interesting....Wonder how many actually sale?

I thought Porsche was the Porsche of powerboats...

Great looking Donzi. That would be a hell of a ride up there on the bow.

Quote Originally Posted by jstrahn View Post

Riding a bow rider at speed can very dangerous, hit a wake and the bow hops flipping passengers in the air. Great place for hanging with some wine and cheese!
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

Quote Originally Posted by MOP View Post
    Riding a bow rider at speed can very dangerous, hit a wake and the bow hops flipping passengers in the air. Great place for hanging with some wine and cheese!
    Mop, they warn about that in the article. I'll try to post the whole article later. Got to work today.

Quote Originally Posted by jstrahn View Post

Actually you nailed it.. that is a Donzi... Built in 2007 by Donzi for Fearless..

It is the Porsche of Donzi. see the thread I learned this from
    http://www.donzi.net/forums/showpost...14&postcount=4
    Matt

1987 22 Classic
    502mpi B1XR

Quote Originally Posted by Planetwarmer View Post
    That is the same boat that was at the Tulsa boat sport and travel show this year. I wonder if it is still located at the new Donzi dealer here.
    No, it is currently at the factory. And yes, it is fantastic!!!
    U.S.C.G. Master Captain
    "Pioneer of insane speed concepts & creations"

The red one is at Donzi South; there's a retail-sold one being built in NC at the moment. Pretty sweet machine. We've done over 80 in that boat, but as Randy says in the article, when we hauled out the boat it had shrink wrap tape all over the bottom which probably scrubbed off a couple MPH... Oops.

As for the bow seating, it is perfect for rafting up, idling through extended no-wake zones, or hanging out dockside or while at anchor. The layout significantly enhances the usable space on a 35' performance boat. I rode up there for the sake of the article, and while at WOT it was awfully windy and a little bumpy, at a 50 MPH cruise it was completely comfortable. Overall not the "daredevil" sensation I'd anticipated.

Perhaps Donzi's most popular boat right now is the 38 ZFX Open, a 38' triple-outboard, 75 MPH center console with wraparound bow seating. Riding in the bow of that boat at a 50 MPH cruise doesn't feel much different (even though the bow seating is deeper). People want more room and more space, so while the concept isn't new, we'll definitely be seeing more of these "crossover" type boats in the future.

This 35 would be the perfect step up boat for me (for those that don't know I have a 28 ZX Open). I absolutely love this boat!!! Super hot! But the price. Holy crap. I know it is a lot bigger but half the MPG (at a slower speed) and an MSRP around 300 grand when you add in tax, tag, title, and trailer is a bit much to swallow.

The other thing that is disappointing is the obvious lack of 'fixes' of things that the 28 had wrong with it. most notably is the lack of some kind of channel/gutter in front of the windshield to help move the water off to the sides. What happens when the boat is outside and covered is the water runs down the windshield, under the bow cover, and into the forward area. The two covers either need to be attached to help run the water out of the boat, or there needs to be a gutter of some sort to channel water away. The 35 actually looks much worse because they kept the notch of the standard 35 so it will actually channel water into the bow instead of away from it.

What is even worse is all the dirt from outside goes down there with the water so you absolutely can not leave the forward carpet in because the drain gets half clogged and takes a bit to drain, leaving the carpet soaked.

While I don't have this problem anymore (inside storage) a boat that's 35 feet in length needs to be capable of spending its life outdoors.

Thread Information