Thread: Stringer hull repair

Angry Stringer hull repair

Well I did it. i cut out the floor of my 25 Donzi, removed the engine, 65 gal gas tank and have torn out all of the fiberglass and foam. Wow was it full of soaked rotten wood. Now I am down to the bare fiberglass. need ideas to rebuild the stringers and cross members as far as materials and tips. Not enthused to fiberglass back in 3/4 plywood. Heard some have used foam to make the molds and use fiberglass to rebuild the stringers that are lighter and will never rot.

Hey guy walk in the park and if you do not want to use Ply again there is always Coosa and might i recomend there Bluewater 26 ..........which is there strongest and stiffest panel made with layers of woven roving and continuous strand fiberglass http://coosacomposites.com/bluewater.html k2hawk , have you given much thought to what type of resin you are going to use at this point Epoxy , Vinyl , or Poly and might i mention seeing this is your first post here WELCOME to the site and just curious where is your location . Hey guy , we or ( i ) can talk you thru every step of this project and just by chance have you started grinding yet ?

How is the transom?
    Cheers,
    Pismo
    1996 22 Classic
    Red with Stainless Windshield
    Stock Gen VI 502 Magnum MPI-415hp
    Stock Bravo I
    25" Mirage Plus
    74.5mph best @ 5050rpm GPS (Speedo said 80)
    27" Labbed Mirage Plus
    75.5mph best @ 4800rpm GPS (Speedo said 82)

Thread Information