Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Omg.............

Omg.............

A friend actually asked my opinion on if he should buy this boat: http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/boa/2289210225.html

I told him I wouldn't take it for free........
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Your a wise man.....
    The sting of poor quailty far outlasts the Joy of a cheap price...

I disagree, the trailer is almost worth the asking money and the boat would be an awesome fishing/prawning/crabbing boat, well protected cabin area, good on fuel etc....it looks in not bad condition either.

There is nothing wrong with Bayliner boats, they are not Hi-po boats and they are not that well made but they float just fine and for certain people and certain uses, nothing wrong with them, especially at $2500....

Quote Originally Posted by fogducker III View Post
    I disagree, the trailer is almost worth the asking money and the boat would be an awesome fishing/prawning/crabbing boat, well protected cabin area, good on fuel etc....it looks in not bad condition either.

There is nothing wrong with Bayliner boats, they are not Hi-po boats and they are not that well made but they float just fine and for certain people and certain uses, nothing wrong with them, especially at $2500....
    It would be a money pit! And a volvo 4 banger in a boat that heavy? It would take for ever to get anywhere. And look in the engine room and top of the hard top. This boat has not been stored in that garage... No, it's not just because it's a Bayliner, it's because it's a 27 year old Bayliner in horrendous condition! He can do better than that for $2,500 bucks. No pics of the interior or drive or cabin. I wonder why . Foggy, if'n you want I'll check it out for you. It's right here in my hometown of Clarkston....

It dose not have a OMC out drive, like the ad say's, it's a Volvo. Looks like it may have a good trim motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl C View Post
    It would be a money pit! And a volvo 4 banger in a boat that heavy? It would take for ever to get anywhere. And look in the engine room and top of the hard top. This boat has not been stored in that garage... No, it's not just because it's a Bayliner, it's because it's a 27 year old Bayliner in horrendous condition! He can do better than that for $2,500 bucks. No pics of the interior or drive or cabin. I wonder why . Foggy, if'n you want I'll check it out for you. It's right here in my hometown of Clarkston....

Quit being a snob Carl......

You probably paid more for the powder-coated parts on your boat then that whole package.....

The Volvo 4 banger is actually a very good motor, who cares how dirty the boat is, for a day cruising/fishing boat I don't think anybody could go wrong with that, yes, if somebody buys it and knows NOTHING about boats and takes it to a dealer or shop for repair and maintenance, then it would cost some $$$, but for the average "Joe" who can turn a wrench and wants to fish, this would be a great deal at $2500......

Have you actually laid eyes on it Carl?

A lot of fishing guys dont seem to care about going anywhere fast. A sentiment I just dont understand

Parnell
    Time forSweet Cheekz to find a new home

Not my style either, but others are ok with it and seems to be priced right.
    I'd take it for free for just the trailer.
    Craig,
    slowest boat resto project ever

Lake St Clair and Michigan's Inland Waterway

Gotta agree with Foggy - out here on the west coast that sort of boat is really popular with the fishing crowd.

I've never driven one with the 4-pot, but as long as it'll get on plane they seem to be happy enough with it at the right price.

Not fancy, not pretty, but it's cheap and offers weather protection.
    Don
    '01 22 Classic, 502/B1
    And a bunch of other stuff

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

He wants to use it on Lake St. Clair. I see lots of breakdowns and tows in it's future. Also I'm for sure of the mentality that if it gets you on the water and you have fun then good deal but...well...frankly...I'd be a little embarrassed to be seen on that boat! I guess it doesn't matter if all the wood is rotten though since it probably chugs along at displacement speeds maybe 10 mph? No, he can do better. He's not that poor either. That boat will ...... oh nevermind. I'll be glad to check it out for whoever is interested .

Thumbs up Blender, hot babes + cranking tunes, with a DD

............. On a nice hot day. Lake St C..... Right Foggy.

You know the boat would probably look spiffy again with a solid white paint job but (IMO) a 27 year old Bayliner with a 4 banger just isn't worth the cost of the paint! Stick a fork in it....

I have quite a few friends and acquaintances who would love to have a boat to get out on the lake, but who don't have the money for something expensive. If this boat were nearer, I would highly recommend it to anyone who wanted something of this type or size. Volvo drive, economical engine running good, hardtop to beat the elements, tandem axle galvanized trailer - all for only $2500. A bargain in my book. My own son-in-law would love this boat. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Quote Originally Posted by fogducker III View Post

Well played. My friend has a '88 28' Bayliner, I spent much more time on that thing during the summers then the Donzi, because it has a kitchen, couches, TV, HEAT, beds, etc.

If you could get that boat for 2k, that would be a great fish killer for all seasons up here.
    1982 18' 2+3
    SOLD - 1990 22' Classic, ATS Racing built 466 Ford, OMC King Cobra Hump back

4000 rpm just to keep it on plane @ 20 mph

Thread Information