Thread: Trim Indicator Cables - Z33

Trim Indicator Cables - Z33

Hi Guys

I need a set of Trim Indicator Cables for my 1989 Z33 crossbow. They have been cut off by the previous owner. Anyone know where I can get these or the part # ? Is there anything that goes on the drives to fasten them there?
    cheers
    Mark

They're marked in the plastic sheathing on one of the ends.
    Hopefully, the end you have!
    Otherwise, you'll have to mock it up. They can be challenging to measure.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

There're fittings that go on the trim cylinders. I've often seen them on eBay.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

If you have kplanes this pic should give you a idea on how they mount up..pm donzigo, he may have the correct legnth measurement for the cables you need..fair warning,,watch out for the springs @ the indicator gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    If you have kplanes this pic should give you a idea on how they mount up..pm donzigo, he may have the correct legnth measurement for the cables you need..fair warning,,watch out for the springs @ the indicator gauge.
    aaahhhhh.......I thought they hooked up to the Drives! I do have K Planes.

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

This is one is for a bravo,the cup bolts on to the end of the trim cylinder where the rear pin goes through the cylinders and the spring loaded tube clamps on the side of the trim cylinder..

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    This is one is for a bravo,the cup bolts on to the end of the trim cylinder where the rear pin goes through the cylinders and the spring loaded tube clamps on the side of the trim cylinder..
    Thanks! Don't suppose you are selling those?
    Mark

mrfixxall Guest

fixx

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverMark View Post
    Thanks! Don't suppose you are selling those?
    Mark
    sorry! then i wouldnt have any for mine

eddie marine sells them tho!

http://www.eddiemarine.com/store/car...duct_list&c=75

I,ve got a pair that I will sell you that will come with the "REST" of the boat. Then I won't have to start the transom project next week.
    The cables are standard 33c cables and I can give you the length on mine on Thursday if you want. Powder Day Tomorrow...Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by iznod33 View Post
    I,ve got a pair that I will sell you that will come with the "REST" of the boat. Then I won't have to start the transom project next week.
    The cables are standard 33c cables and I can give you the length on mine on Thursday if you want. Powder Day Tomorrow...Cheers!
    Hey thanks, that would be great. Mine is still shrink wrapped.Is yours the same boat as mine? 1989 Z33, bravo 1's 454/s? I would think they would be the same length if they are the same exact boats.

If nothing else, he can give you the numbers off them.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverMark View Post
    Hey thanks, that would be great. Mine is still shrink wrapped.Is yours the same boat as mine? 1989 Z33, bravo 1's 454/s? I would think they would be the same length if they are the same exact boats.
    No. Mine is a '86 with TRS drives. Unfortunatly the nubers on my cables are worn off, but they extend 2'-11" past the stainless transom fitting (which is the same as yours) to the end of the cable. So if you mark your cables where they are now you can pull them from the boat and just measure them. The cables measure from tip to tip when you order them. Hope this helps and look forward to seeing you on the water this summer. We will be bringing the boat up for the fireworks this summer so maybe we can meet up. Craig

Thread Information