Thread: 2000 223 Deck Boat?

2000 223 Deck Boat?

I am looking at a used 2000 Donzi 223 Deck Boat. It has a 5.7 300hp motor, seems to be better than average shape, and seems to be a nice boat for the lake. Does anyone have any experience with this model? I plan on getting a survey done tomorrow. Anything I should have them concentrate on? Any feedback would be great. Here is a link to the posting on craig's list. http://charlotte.craigslist.org/boa/2205000526.html

Thanks

We have one here in md. nice deck boat/....There is one that, catch-22 was talking to me about.He dropped I think a 500 or a 525 hp into it.There is a guy on the donzi net who has one.Nice guy and a hot wife(respectivly saying) I think he goes by fergettes?

Quote Originally Posted by fasttrucker View Post
    We have one here in md. nice deck boat/....There is one that, catch-22 was talking to me about.He dropped I think a 500 or a 525 hp into it.There is a guy on the donzi net who has one.Nice guy and a hot wife(respectivly saying) I think he goes by fergettes?
    Fegettes.
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Fegettes has a 383..
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

I am in the final stages of a 383 stroker, approximately 450 HP, installed in to my 1998 Sport/deck boat. It previously had the 350 CI/250 HP motor in it. I really like the boat, just thought I would put a little more power in it. I like the extra room to move around with the ability to carry more people, more storage area, and the bimini. Maybe I will get to run it this next weekend.

Lookes like the price is right on this 2000 model, and the extra power is a plus. When I bought my boat, I bought a new ACE aluminum trailer for around $2600.

Steve

There is also one in Ocean City NJ .
    It looks like a fun famiy & party boat .
    Lots of interior deck room, seating, amd a sink/wet-bar area, convertible top, etc.. Is there also a private cuddy style marine head ? Is there also a waste holding tank ?
    What speeds can they realistically attain with the stepped hull & stock 5.7 / 300 horsepower ?
    They look like a very wide, big, and somewhat heavy boat ?

They are not what most people think of when you mention Donzi; but your wife and kids will love it !
    Last edited by silverghost; 03-14-2011 at 11:25 AM.
    "BENCHSEAT 18" ~~YellowJacket~~ project owner~
    1929 Chris~Craft 28' Tripple Cockpit Mahogany Speedboat / A-120-A 845 Cu.In. 375 H.P. Chris~Craft V-8 racing engine.
    24' American Skier
    Super Eagle 454 HO Skiboat
    1991 454 SS Chevy Super Sport Pick-up for towing my "Toys".

There is no such thing as going too fast ~ ~~
    OR~ Being too old~ for a new "Toy"!

Brad Hunter
    Huntingdon Valley Pa (Just outside Philly)~
    Ocean City NJ
    silverghost1926@msn.com
    215 947 4676 (PA Home)

Quote Originally Posted by silverghost View Post
    There is also one in Ocean City NJ .
    It looks like a fun famiy & party boat .
    Lots of interior deck room, seating, amd a sink/wet-bar area, convertible top, etc.. Is there also a private cuddy style marine head ? Is there also a waste holding tank ?
    What speeds can they realistically attain with the stepped hull & stock 5.7 / 300 horsepower ?
    They look like a very wide, big, and somewhat heavy boat ?

They are not what most people think of when you mention Donzi; but your wife and kids will love it !
    Sink/wetbar area, forward and aft boarding ladders...they even came with a 12V blender! We offered a forward filler setup that turned half the boat into a monstrous sunpad/cushion area. There's a head compartment (with porta pottie) beneath the helm. With the 5.7 EFI (260 HP) engine they ran in the 50s; with the 350 Mag MPI (300HP) they ran around 60. Really fun boat! Beam was 8'6". Seated like 10 or 12 if I recall correctly, and had cupholders all over the place...a real party machine.

Party Boat

There is one on my lake ( Lake Tillery ) but I have never seen it running. Great looking boat and I think that you will really enjoy it....
    Oledawg
    Raconteur, bon vivant, curmudgeon
    Other duties as assigned

Lake Tillery, NC
    - Heart of the Uwharrie Mountains

'88 Donzi Classic 22 "Bad Nuff" - 482 stroker 454, Bravo One, Solas 4 blade, Red/White hull, White Deck ( "drivin" boat )

'87 Correct Craft Riviera "Oledawg" - 454 PCM ( "cruzin" boat )

"A man without a boat is a prisoner" - Faronese proverb

Thanks

Thanks everyone. Took it for a test drive on Lake Norman yesterday. It does all of 60mph. I have made an offer on this one and am anxiously awaiting a survey to be completed early next week.

Thread Information