Thread: 1973 Magnum 27' sport

1973 Magnum 27' sport

As I mentioned before, I have decided to sell my 1973 27' Magnum sport after I had my TIA stroke a couple years ago to help lessen my load. The two 50 gallon fuel tanks are ready to go with working mechanical gauges and refoamed into place with a new cabin floor and new inspection ports over the gauges. I have installed a new partial bow deck, but it could use an overhead crossmember to help stiffen the deck over the cabin (not bad, but could use a little more support in my book). It has a new cockpit floor with drop down recesses for standing while driving. I have run heavy copper fuel lines back to the engine bulkhead. It has a new transom that has never been cut, so any drive or drives can be installed. It has new heavy duty SS lifting eyes I installed in the transom. You can read about the progress I made in this thread: http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...choosing+rocks
    You can see pictures of the boat in the first few pages and some of the progress pictures starting on about page 11. It will need a fair amount of work to finish it out, but it is a sound hull that originally was a light/medium green gelcoat. I could never find the original numbers and I don't have a title for it, but I will provide a bill of sale. I have the back seat with bulkhead that will need to be reglassed into place and the instrument console along with the piece that was cut out of the middle of the front of the cockpit forward bulkhead over where the door to the cabin is located. It comes with no original hardware except the fuel fills which could be rechromed. You can bring a trailer and $2900 for the adoption papers, and I will load it on to your trailer. I am sad that I will not be completing this project, but I hope to see the progress of the next owner - I do have many parts that I bought for this boat that the buyer can buy if interested - 632CID/800HP engine with CMI headers and tailpipes (already listed for sale) - sold, TRS transom assembly - sold, TRS II speedmaster 1.5 ratio (RH), NOS chrome Morse binnacle shifter/throttle, new white Gaffrig shifter/throttle, twin fuel filters with crossover assembly, IMCO remote electric fuel crossover switch for twin tanks, like new Kiekhaefer trim tabs with pumps, GIL offshore BBC exhaust with tailpipes - sold, complete Bravo steering system from an Advantage boat, new lifting eyes and 5/8" stainless rod, large new custom SS cleats, thick smoked plexiglass door that can be cut down to size, etc. I will be holding on to a Bravo transom assembly and Bravo III drive in case I want to convert my 1971 Donzi 18' 2+3 to this drive system at some point. I am located in far north Texas at Lake Texoma. Please do not PM me, but use my email address - DGILL25960@aol.com I will also be checking responses here. Thanks, Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Sad to see you doing this! You've got to have a whole lot more than this invested . .never mind all the time.

Please post me directly about the trim tabs and pumps.

Mario L.

mario@VSR1.com

Quote Originally Posted by Conquistador_del_mar View Post
    As I mentioned before, I have decided to sell my 1973 27' Magnum sport after I had my TIA stroke a couple years ago to help lessen my load. The two 50 gallon fuel tanks are ready to go with working mechanical gauges and refoamed into place with a new cabin floor and new inspection ports over the gauges. I have installed a new partial bow deck, but it could use an overhead crossmember to help stiffen the deck over the cabin (not bad, but could use a little more support in my book). It has a new cockpit floor with drop down recesses for standing while driving. I have run heavy copper fuel lines back to the engine bulkhead. It has a new transom that has never been cut, so any drive or drives can be installed. It has new heavy duty SS lifting eyes I installed in the transom. You can read about the progress I made in this thread: http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...choosing+rocks
    You can see pictures of the boat in the first few pages and some of the progress pictures starting on about page 11. It will need a fair amount of work to finish it out, but it is a sound hull that originally was a light/medium green gelcoat. I could never find the original numbers and I don't have a title for it, but I will provide a bill of sale. I have the back seat with bulkhead that will need to be reglassed into place and the instrument console along with the piece that was cut out of the middle of the front of the cockpit forward bulkhead over where the door to the cabin is located. It comes with no original hardware except the fuel fills which could be rechromed. You can bring a trailer and $2900 for the adoption papers, and I will load it on to your trailer. I am sad that I will not be completing this project, but I hope to see the progress of the next owner - I do have many parts that I bought for this boat that the buyer can buy if interested - 632CID/800HP engine with CMI headers and tailpipes (already listed for sale), TRS transom assembly, TRS II speedmaster 1.5 ratio (RH), NOS chrome Morse binnacle shifter/throttle, new white Gaffrig shifter/throttle, twin fuel filters with crossover assembly, IMCO remote electric fuel crossover switch for twin tanks, like new Kiekhaefer trim tabs with pumps, GIL offshore BBC exhaust with tailpipes, complete Bravo steering system from an Advantage boat, new lifting eyes and 5/8" stainless rod, large new custom SS cleats, thick smoked plexiglass door that can be cut down to size, etc. I will be holding on to a Bravo transom assembly and Bravo III drive in case I want to convert my 1971 Donzi 18' 2+3 to this drive system at some point. I am located in far north Texas at Lake Texoma. Please do not PM me, but use my email address - DGILL25960@aol.com I will also be checking responses here. Thanks, Bill

Bill,

as Mario said,, its sad to see after all the time, work and effort you have put into the Sport.
    I am sure that it will find a good home with some one that will continue on with the great work you have started on it.

Thank you
    jim

Quote Originally Posted by mphatc View Post
    Sad to see you doing this! You've got to have a whole lot more than this invested . .never mind all the time.

Please post me directly about the trim tabs and pumps.

Mario L.

mario@VSR1.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dammmagnum View Post
    Bill,

as Mario said,, its sad to see after all the time, work and effort you have put into the Sport.
    I am sure that it will find a good home with some one that will continue on with the great work you have started on it.

Thank you
    jim
    It was a tough decision made easier with the purchase of the "ready to go" 25' Martini SS. I regret not being able to finish and cruise the beast. Maybe some day I can buy one ready to go or near ready - Thanks, Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3

Sold pending funds

There is a man who has agreed to buy the Magnum in 3 weeks. It has a trailer that I recently bought for it that should work for him. He plans to install twins in it. Just a follow up. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3

Bill , i know that feeling .....when it comes to long term projects considering i just turned 59 this past week, and with that in mind considering i work on boats to turn a dime , i have decided in the future that any project boat at my age is limited to nothing less then anything 22 or smaller . Bill , it sure is a bitch getting old because your dreams , health ,& energy......seem's to get slower when thinking about how long it will take to complete a major project , and with that in mind ............let's hope that a good $hit is not better then Sex .....with the ole lady .

Thread Information