Thread: Learning About Donzi

Learning About Donzi

Being a guy new to Donzi (although wanted one since I was 25 now 66) I have a nice one but trying to learn as much history as I can. What is the forum opinion on Black Hawks. When made??? Why stopped??? How many made??? Do they hold value or just an oddity???? Performance opinions please. Thanks for any and all input. Just really curious.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph crocker View Post
    Being a guy new to Donzi (although wanted one since I was 25 now 66) I have a nice one but trying to learn as much history as I can. What is the forum opinion on Black Hawks. When made??? Why stopped??? How many made??? Do they hold value or just an oddity???? Performance opinions please. Thanks for any and all input. Just really curious.
    A lot of these questions have been answered before.. However the drive it self was made by Merc from 94-95. The boat the Black hawk was offered by Donzi in 95 & 96.. There weren't too many made. There were just under 40 of the black hawk boats done in the black & Gold trim with the bird on the deck & probably around a little more of the non black & gold limited editions, but still not a lot of them..

In short, The drive & the project just didnt last that long for Merc or Donzi. They were a fast drive on the right hull, but they idled fast & not all hulls could run that drive well..

Jamie / Lakeside

Jamie has it right. The Blackhawks had a fabulous paint job but the boats didn't handle worth a damn (Or so I have heard from those who had them).
    .........Boats are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!

agreed to an extent. Beautiful boats, high 70's/Low 80's right out of the box, and big wake at idle speed (not good for no wake zones). But, once you learn how to finesse the trim and tabs , these baby's are awesome to watch run.
    2002 28ZX

Thread Information