Thread: Livorsi Depth Finder

Livorsi Depth Finder

This is the factory furnished unit the boat came with. I downloaded the owners manual and set it up, I thought. It does not show the running depth but the alarm for shallow water does trip occationally. Are these things reliable, they must have put them on a bunch of late model rigs. Anyone could shed some light on this....or it just may be operator error.

Marvin.
    -2007 Donzi 22 Shelby GT

Someone, somewhere makes these things.
    There're probably 50 different users of these things, in fact, the only difference between them is the face on the front of them.
    You can buy these things on eBay from about $40.00 to whatever Livorsi charges, they're all the same. I've bought them as a no-name item and called Livorsi or Gaffrig and bought the proper bezel and face for about $15.00.
    It's a very inexpensive depth sounder, and you shouldn't expect a whole lot.
    You can buy new transducers on eBay pretty cheap, and that may fix it, or get a new one and change the face.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Kinda figured that...I'll start a new search. Any recomendations for a replacement to fit the dash hole?

Marvin.
    -2007 Donzi 22 Shelby GT

Quote Originally Posted by Marvair View Post
    Kinda figured that...I'll start a new search. Any recomendations for a replacement to fit the dash hole?

Marvin.
    There's probably very few others that have a 2" display.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

If memory serves, Humminbird has the exact model and it is available everywhere for 99 bucks. eBay for much less.

Quote Originally Posted by VetteLT193 View Post
    If memory serves, Humminbird has the exact model and it is available everywhere for 99 bucks. eBay for much less.
    That's correct. We were installing the Humminbird version when I was at Wellcraft in the mid-90s, then it appeared as a Gaffrig, and later, Livorsi. As long as you've got the transducer with the two-pin plug, they should all be interchangeable. I blew out Donzi's leftover stock on eBay last year.

Thread Information