Thread: Has anyone ever experienced this?

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Ok,
    Just swapped out the motors in 2 diff boats. Both motors were running fine before the swap. One boat is running fine. 2nd boat: Installed motor and fired it up for the first time today. Noticed that the engine was "missing a little" and also noticed that water was coming from the top round gasket of the exhaust manifold (the one that should be dry). Exhaust is Stainless Marine with the ss risers that dump the water at the end of the exhaust pipe.
    NOTE: The exhaust pipes had flappers inside of the pipe.

I shut down the motor quickly and investigated.

Found that both exhaust manifolds were wet inside and could not find any visible cracks anywhere. I drained all water before the freezes.

I guessed that the water was bouncing off the internal flappers. So, I removed the flappers and tried again.
    2nd start of the motor sounded a lot better. Motor sounds good. However, I still see a trickle of water around the top (round) gasket. Anyone else experience this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same Cam?
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

Gen 1 stainless marine will revert with a bigger cam,,try turning the idle up and see if it goes away..if it does then you need gen 3 or headers..alexsammy on here had huge problems with stainless marine reversion on his 22..

same cam?

yes, same cam.

Thread Information