Thread: Painttttt

Painttttt

What is the paint code or color blue they use on the 22 shelby donzi?

I bet Josh at Donzi could get the info for you.
    Never Kick a opossum at 40 mph!

or ask michibesler at this forum, he owns one and repainted some parts last year. As far as I know donzi couldn't deliver any color codes, but michi and a paintshop have found out, that some automotive color was absolutely identical. Can't remember if it was Ford or Audi.

Donzi has used more than one paint mfgr in the last several years. Jamie can tell you what company's paint was used. Then, it can be matched at one of their stores.
    See Jamie's ad on this site.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Well

Guardsman Blue is the color used on vintage Shelby Mustangs and Cobras

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    Donzi has used more than one paint mfgr in the last several years. Jamie can tell you what company's paint was used. Then, it can be matched at one of their stores.
    See Jamie's ad on this site.
    Thanks George.

I have a factory color swatch set(s) from the factory & a lot of old info on file too. The factory did not for what ever reason mark all color codes on the info and chips that I have accumulated. However my paint & gel distributors scan my stuff for me when I need a hard code in those cases. So not to big of a deal for me personally when I need something for my shop.

Anyway, From my recent chips there were 2 blue colors that they were primarily using @ Donzi. Sapphire blue which is a very rich blue with pearl in it, and Twilight blue which was lighter and more of a steel blue looking pearl color.

In the later years of production they have been / were using PPG products, prior to that, circa up to about 07/08 if my memory is correct the paint they were using was BASF Diamont.

My recommendation tho is to scan the boat's color before painting. 2 reasons for that.. 1, the color that a boat manufacturer calls their color is not always the same as what the paint or auto manufacturer's call it. Sometimes the color names coincide & sometimes they dont..... 2, if you are trying to match a color for a repair or blending paint, a scan is wise as it usually will take into account for color variations/deviations within the same color chip if applicable. Plus it helps to take guess work out of what color it really is..

Hope it helps. Jamie / Lakeside

Thread Information