Thread: Hatch hinges

Hatch hinges

Saw these Dana power hinges. Im sure there old news to you guys but they look real sweet.. Anyone ever use or see them on person?
    [media]http://www.danamarineproducts.com/Images/ProductDetailsImages/productimage2_85.gif[/media]
    The sting of poor quailty far outlasts the Joy of a cheap price...

Several members have various hatch gizmos, they are nice but you must have a way to get then open if the mechanism fails. Most all are electric over hydraulic, you will need a way to jump power into the system if it does screw up. Phil
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

What Phil said, but did you notice the price? You could buy a very good used Bravo for the same amount.
    Also, mounted on such a small hatch like an 18, they don't open very far, it's the limits of the geometry. They do much better on a much larger hatch.
    They're still slick though.
    New Donzi Classics come w/nice pneumatic lifts, like on a car hood. All you really need is the mounting hardware for them. You can get the lifts themselves at your local parts store more easily.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

George is right the power lifts like that are big $$.. I offer the OE Style hatch shock kits which are a lot less. I also have some other even less expensive styles that will also do the job.. The least expensive though would be just a prop stick which is what would have been used in that era if you wanted it held open without removing the hatch to work in there.. Jamie / Lakeside

I appriciate the info. I have bigger fish to fry then those hinges. Just thought they were sweet lookin. I dont even know if Rootsy had the origional hinges or any at all. Like gcarter said I think the pnuematiccar hood plungers would work great
    The sting of poor quailty far outlasts the Joy of a cheap price...

I saw those hinges on Bert's boat up close... very close.... requires it's own trim pump... they are wayyyyy over the top for a hatch that size, but they sure look cool..
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Thread Information