Thread: Curious?Fastest in a 22ZX...

Curious?Fastest in a 22ZX...

Just a curious question,what is the fastest speed achieved in a 22ZX and what engine/drive combo wwas used?

Pretty sure Frank Civitano holds that honor, he had quite a bit of seat time in a ProCharged 22 ZX, so did Big Griz's son Marc, but I think Frank was in the Mid 80's if I recall?
    Do a search under threads by "Shanghied Again" and see what you can find...they would have been dated likely before 2005.

Good Luck

Danny
    Because Life Is Better When You're Wet!!!

"Yes...I see you Tennis Champion?" .... You think you own me? Oh that's right... you do own me!"

Thanks I'll do that

Dan,

Frank's was one of the fastest. Also the boat Master Key has is/was Griz's son's old boat.. Also one of the 22zx's I did would also fit in that category (we supercharged a late model one with a 350mag mpi & bravo..).. Jamie / Lakeside Restorations

Frank hit at least 82mph that I know of.
    I believe he put bolster seats in it too.
    "LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING WOW.... WHAT A RIDE !!!"

Bolsters are a good idea,the factory seating feels rickety at speed after your butthole puckers

Thread Information