Thread: Beware of Virus from this site!!

Beware of Virus from this site!!

FYI...I know it can happen anywhere but twice I have been infected with a Trojan Horse virus from the Donzi Registry forum when clicking on a photo or links from thread replies in the Donzi Performance Talk section. The last one completely locked up my computer and I had a nice repair bill to remove it.
    CLICK with caution on this site!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDog View Post
    FYI...I know it can happen anywhere but twice I have been infected with a Trojan Horse virus from the Donzi Registry forum when clicking on a photo or links from thread replies in the Donzi Performance Talk section. The last one completely locked up my computer and I had a nice repair bill to remove it.
    can you be more specific on what thread and photo ?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDog View Post
    Try an anti virus program on your computer....

And here i am trying to be sensitive on this forum where no other members are offended .

Quote Originally Posted by OFFSHORE GINGER View Post
    And here i am trying to be sensitive on this forum where no other members are offended .

..what...

I was reading a thread titled "Worse paint job ever" and if I remember correctly, I clicked on a link that was in a reply from Carl C. I'm not absolutely sure but I'm not about to try it again to find out.
    I've got anti virus software installed but it didn't stop this one.

I tested that link a bunch of times and went through the whole thread on OSO with no problems. The first link goes to a pic of the sperm boat and the second one goes to the entire thread of boats with bad paint jobs. I'll delete the post if you guys think there is a problem but it just goes to a thread on OSO.

I just clicked both links again with no problem. I think something was already in your computer. I wouldn't link to anything questionable. OSO is a very well known boating forum. There is a nasty virus (or mal-ware) that pops up telling you your computer is infected and if you click on "fix the problem" then, bam, that's when the trojan gets in. Were you able to fix it? Try running superantispyware free edition in safe mode.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

I clicked on it

no issues

nobody on OSO complained about it either, and there are whiners galore over there
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Ditto, I clicked on that thread too, no problems.
    DUNESMAN

Based on what you are saying, maybe this virus came from somewhere else, but it sure seemed odd that my computer went crazy the second I clicked on that link. This one has really messed up my computer.

Thread Information