Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help shrink wrapping a Donzi 18 in Galveston,TX.

Help shrink wrapping a Donzi 18 in Galveston,TX.

Hello everyone. My first post. I just purchased a 2006 Donzi 18 from a Broker. It is located in Galveston, TX. at Galveston Yacht Service and Marina. I found a boat transport company to haul the boat and trailer and would like to get it shrink wrapped for the journey to Connecticut. They are in the process of servicing and winterizing the engine and the best they can find is $500.00 to shrink wrap it. That seems kind of high. Anyone know anybody in the area that could do it for a more reasonable fee? The boat and trailer will be lifted by forklift onto the back of the semi rig and blocked and transported to Ocean Performance. Transport company thinks it will still get pretty dirty with the roads this time of year, if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't bother with the covering. Thank you in advance. I'm really excited to get the boat and play with it when the ice goes out.

I know of no one that does it here. Just never see it for obvious reasons.
    Thanx,
    SCOTT R.

You need to fog the engine out with fogging oil, drain the block and manifolds. Then refill the manifolds and block with antifreeze. Can't help with the shrink wrapping, one of the TX guys may chime in.

Phil
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

Quote Originally Posted by Full-throttle View Post
    Hello everyone. My first post. I just purchased a 2006 Donzi 18 from a Broker. It is located in Galveston, TX. at Galveston Yacht Service and Marina. I found a boat transport company to haul the boat and trailer and would like to get it shrink wrapped for the journey to Connecticut. They are in the process of servicing and winterizing the engine and the best they can find is $500.00 to shrink wrap it. That seems kind of high. Anyone know anybody in the area that could do it for a more reasonable fee? The boat and trailer will be lifted by forklift onto the back of the semi rig and blocked and transported to Ocean Performance. Transport company thinks it will still get pretty dirty with the roads this time of year, if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't bother with the covering. Thank you in advance. I'm really excited to get the boat and play with it when the ice goes out.
    Was it the White and Blue 18?
    Thanx,
    SCOTT R.

It's White with a Black racing stripe and Black boot stripe on the side. I found it on Yachtworld.

Classic 18

I think that boat was for sale a while ago. It was parked on Harborside at Farmers Marine, I never saw it on the water. If it was on a tandem aluminum trailer, was a nice rig. Enjoy your new purchace!!!

Marvin.
    -2007 Donzi 22 Shelby GT

Thats probably it. It is on a McClain aluminum tandem with mag wheels.A 2006 with 52 hours on it. Corsa quick and quite II, Bravo 1 drive. $28,500
    Here is a link to the ad if it works
    http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...g_id=64851&url=

Good deal, they wanted 30k 18 months ago, pushed me into a 22.
    -2007 Donzi 22 Shelby GT

Wink

I was hoping for a classic 22. This should make a great first boat. Just need to figure out how to make the 5.0 go faster

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by full-throttle View Post
    i was hoping for a classic 22. This should make a great first boat. Just need to figure out how to make the 5.0 go faster

think pro charger!
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

i think its pretty cool how people on the site know of boats that new people on the site have just purchaced... that was the same case with me,,, this is a good bunch of donzi owners here
    FISH HARD

Quote Originally Posted by Full-throttle View Post
    Thats probably it. It is on a McClain aluminum tandem with mag wheels.A 2006 with 52 hours on it. Corsa quick and quite II, Bravo 1 drive. Down side is that it has the 5.0mpi in it instead of the 350. They were asking $28,500 but I got it for $20,000
    Here is a link to the ad if it works
    http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi..._id=64851&url=
    Thats it, I thought it was blue my mistake. What amazed me is that I would cut through some shady areas in town and that bad boy would be sitting there all alone, in the dark late at night. THought it would be reported stolen for sure.
    Thanx,
    SCOTT R.

Smile

Maybe that's what he was hoping for He might have made out better if someone stole it. It looks like Marine Max will shrink wrap it for a fair price. I just wish I could get a date from the transportation company when they will be able to pick it up and deliver it to Connecticut. Did any of you have a chance to take a close look at her? I would be interested to hear what you think. I cant wait to start cleaning it up. It has some corrosion on the gauge bezels. The good news is that Livorsi sent me a complete new set. Great customer service. The chrome engine vents had some light pitting but I was able to pick up 4 new perko units(stock) for $25.00 each. I don't know why I am getting so excited, it was -4 the other night and we are expecting 12" of snow starting tomorrow night.

It cost $542 to get our 38' Carver Aft cabin (with a flybridge) shrink wrapped in Michigan.

But like was pointed out. There are LOTS of places around here that do it, because there is big demand. Down there, probably not so much down in Texas, so it is likely to cost more.

Should be a great boat, and a lot of fun.
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

There price is $277.00 to shrink wrap the Donzi but it's costing me another $200.00 for Galveston Yacht service to bring it to Seabrook for Marine Max to do the job and then bring it back to there yard. Marine Max really is the only game in town. I had another quote from someone else in the area for $1500.00

Thread Information