Thread: Donzi Marine To buy Fountain Powerboats ? Rumor ?

Donzi Marine To buy Fountain Powerboats ? Rumor ?

Lately i have heard that donzi has purchased the fountain company......is this confirmed and official or just a rumor ?

Quote Originally Posted by DonZi 26 View Post
    Lately i have heard that donzi has purchased the fountain company......is this confirmed and official or just a rumor ?
    Donzi was sold to an investment group that also bought fountain, which bought baja earyler.The donzi factory was closed and moved to NC.Now all three boats are made at the fountain factory in NC.

I'm not sure if they are actually moved yet, but that's the plan for sure. It may still be in progress as the numbers, addresses, etc. on the donzi site are still FL.

Pro Line is also in this mix, and getting moved from FL as well.

Production has wrapped up in Florida; the first Donzis are finishing in NC right now.

Donzi Sales, Credit, Marketing, R&D, and Customer Service are staying in Sarasota. We're almost done moving into our new offices.

As to the original question of this thread...no. While a Donzi/Pro-Line guy is now the president and CEO over all brands, the companies are being run separately. Even though the boats are being assembled at one location, the brands have their own dedicated production staff.

Donzi, for example, brought its own team including its production supervisor, production/electrical engineer, cabinet shop manager...even its painter. All very talented guys who have been with the company for years.

450rrrr Guest
    i guess i dont need to say so.... but drove past the sarasota location today....all the flags are gone... the gates are locked...no boats to be seen....alot of empty trailers..

sad to see

Thread Information