Thread: Silent Choice

Silent Choice

Hope everyone had a great Holiday, well my silent choice started acting up, the air rams that open and close the "flappers" per say are sticking. The air system closes just fine " exhaust through transom" but the over way it just sticks and only goes out about 1/4 the way. Any tips to fix this problem . Thanks Blake

I haven't messed with the air powered systems, but I'd start with the obvious like making sure the pistons were well lubed and not sticking and that you had good connections to them.

On the electric ones like I have I'd go straight for a bad power connection as my first choice.
    Don
    '01 22 Classic, 502/B1
    And a bunch of other stuff

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

first thing to do would to crack the line at the actuator and see if its releasing all the air..if its not then you may have a bad release solenoid..what don said is true,,i wouldn't hurt to put some air tool oil in the lines..If you have 2 line going to the actuator make sure the open line that leads to nowhere is not plugged..

Btw make sure you use 2 wrenches if you deside to crack the lines at the actuator,,the little fitting can crack the plastic that its screwed into..

Thread Information