Thread: 2002 Donzi C18 - scorpion

2002 Donzi C18 - scorpion

hi, this is my first post and i'm just learning my way around the site.

the reason i joined the registry is because i purchased a Donzi 18 classic about a month ago and i want to find out a little bit more about my boat.

i live in Toronto Ontario, have always wanted a Donzi, even visited the factory in the late 80's with my Dad. Anyway a few months ago i was bored and started looking at the local classified ads - Donzis aren't as popular here as in the US and there are rarley any for sale - but in late Oct there were two 18 classics for sale a couple of hours north of the city. one was a '99 and the other was an '02 with something called a scorpion engine package. i went and looked at both and ended up buying the '02 since it was in near perfect shape and had a lot of paperwork so i could trace it's history and knew it was always a local boat (fresh water, low hours etc). It was only a few thousand $ more and i had read a little bit on the mercury marine site about the scorpion motor and thought it was nice to have the upgrade as well. The guy i bought it from told me that the scorpion engine package was pretty rare - but i gather from reading up on old theads the past couple of days it is in fact quite rare.

Does anyone know anything more about Classic 18's with this engine package? Production numbers, how long they made them etc.
    And anything else that would be good for me to know.

Tx Adam

Welcome to the site, not that I am speaking for the site...

I had the 18 with a blue 377 Scorpion, learnt everything I know from people on this site...

PM or email me if you need info, I got my boat to high 70`s with their assistance....

good score

rarest 18 pkg. going

no windscreen is a plus

colors are great
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Welcome aboard!

Looks like you made the right choice on the Scorpion boat. Some folks 'round here seem to think that's just about the perfect package for that rig.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with wanting a blower too.
    Don
    '01 22 Classic, 502/B1
    And a bunch of other stuff

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by zelatore View Post
    Welcome aboard!

Looks like you made the right choice on the Scorpion boat. Some folks 'round here seem to think that's just about the perfect package for that rig.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with wanting a blower too.

Nice package, I also like the color scheme.

Sweet

Hope to see you in the Kingston ON, 1000k Islands area in early August at Donzi get together.....

Congrats & welcome..

Yes the 18 with a scorpion is rather rare, not many were made. They do run well and it is a very nice potent fit for that hull out of the box.

Jamie / Lakeside

Had one...

for a couple of years. It was actually my wife's boat and she ran it very well. All I can say is respect it for what it is, a lot of power for a small boat. We sold it off to make room for a cruiser in the fleet and kept our 22. Ping me if you have questions, as I spent a significant amount of time tuning that boat. Still miss it. Have fun.

EDIT: I believe Donzi built five of these boats over a period of about two years, so you do have a rare beast indeed...

18 blkhawk

Hey Adam nice looking boat eh! Live in kitchener Ont have a 1987 18 classic.Do some boating in the muskoka where do you boat.also welcome to the site the guys on here are great they helped me threw some Q.thanks craig

Adam; Nice to see another Toronto boater.. There are a few of us on this site

Do you boat on Lake Ontario, or, are you a Muskoka snob LOL !!

1,000 Islands is a must this August.. You will meet a lot of really great guys, and me....................Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Donnelly View Post
    Adam; Nice to see another Toronto boater.. There are a few of us on this site
    Do you boat on Lake Ontario, or, are you a Muskoka snob LOL !!
    1,000 Islands is a must this August.. You will meet a lot of really great guys, and me....................Ed
    Yes, you will meet a lot of really great guys, and then - there's Ed!

I boat on Couchiching, about 10 mi N of Orillia. Not Lake Ontario and not
    Muskoka...but close. Fred Clarke (Lake Muskoka) might not enjoy Ed's
    choice of words, but he knows Ed. Hang around, you will too!

Welcome Adam,
    You will enjoy her.....

Thread Information