Thread: sweet 16v6

sweet 16v6

Just bought a sweet 16 with a v/6. It doesn't have overboard exhausts. Wondered if anyone has a feel for how a V6 sounds with overboard exhausts and if silent choice would be available as an addition.

It has more of a Va room like a bus, sounds pretty decent at idle speeds but that is about it.
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

Quote Originally Posted by MOP View Post
    It has more of a Va room like a bus, sounds pretty decent at idle speeds but that is about it.
    Sounds like it is not worth the time or money. Thanks.

Cool

My first Donzi was a 1999 C16 with V6 and it had the Corsa through-hull exhaust manifold and tips.
    It was not loud.
    It did sound throaty like any other performance-oriented V6 with (for lack of a better analogy) a glass-pack muffler. Since it was dual exhaust it did have a nice harmonic to it.

It will never sound like a small block V8, though. I followed the C16 with a C18 with MX6.2 MPi with stock through-hull exhausts and Corsa tips. When under hard throttle it sounded like a nice small-block Corvette with a performance exhaust.

My next Donzi had twin 454 Mag HO's with through hull-exhausts. It had a Quick and Quiet exhaust system. With the exhaust switch open, that one sounded like the front row at a NASCAR race. LOL!

Mark
    Florida SEADOG
    DONZI - You meet the nicest people.
    2006 22ZX 350 Mag MPi/Bravo One Donzi Quixote
    http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44360

So true. Can't make a v6 sound like a v8. Weird but true
    really can't say why. Just the way it is
    FISH HARD

With through hull exhaust no one would ever "wonder" if you had a V8........If you have ever heard a V6 camaro or V6 mustang with an exhaust system you would know exactly what I'm saying BIG difference from the V8.
    C16B67 My "baby"
    2012 World Cat 320EC 4.2L V6 F300 Yamahas

If you listen carefully, you can hear the V6 in the 16 I was driving. Mostly when the "photoboat" is pretty close (about 1:36 - 2:05 in the video). The background sound of engine is the 454 in his boat.

Definitely NOT a V8. Sounds almost OK at idle. Anything above that, not so good if you like the sound of a V8.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aw2UFfo2jM[/media]
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

Thread Information