Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Poker runs

Poker runs

I'm from RI and I want to go to one or some of these poker runs.
    Do u need to join the different Donzi clubs? I have heard many
    good things about them. So I'm looking for info on them. Any help???
    FISH HARD

Parnell
    Time forSweet Cheekz to find a new home

sooo when will these announcements take place??? not being a wise guy, i just want to get my info now and not be a day late and a dollar short
    FISH HARD

Poker Runs America will be a good place to start.

What are you running for a boat?

Ken

Best place for donzi events is here After the first of the year you will see some announcements

Parnell

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Cheekz View Post
    Best place for donzi events is here After the first of the year you will see some announcements

Parnell
    Parn just curious are you talking about having a Donzi event here in are area which would be the Grand haven /Spring lake / Holland area ? Parn, and if so i can not think of a better area to hold such an event considering this area is such a very huge boating community which offers great accommoditations , food and spirts along with lake Mich to boot .

Cool

You do not need to join each Donzi club in order to participate. Every club on this forum extends an open invitation to any Donzi owner to participate in their events. For over a decade, folks on this board have been attending events all over the country. Some events have registration fees, and some events are just show up with your boat (or ride along with folks there if you can't bring your boat or are "between" boats.

There are some far more "formal" boat clubs out there that do a series of poker runs, such as Poker Runs America, and the Florida Powerboat Club. These are generally high dollar events with high roller players. But there is always plenty of room for entries for non-members. However, these are not specifically Donzi clubs.

There are also individual events sponsored by local boat clubs that anyone can enter.

Generally, almost all of the events of interest get posted on this board in the events section. You generally get several months of notification ahead of any event, so just cruise the Events section weekly to pick up new event postings. Once January gets here and the cabin fever gets ugly up north, the event plans start popping up.

But if you can't wait until Spring: http://www.flpowerboat.com/#events

Mark
    Florida SEADOG
    DONZI - You meet the nicest people.
    2006 22ZX 350 Mag MPi/Bravo One Donzi Quixote
    http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44360

ok people thanks for that info
    I just purchaced a 2001 22 classic with the 6.2 small block. she is white with the Donzi red rally stripe. I got her out of the chesepeek bay area in maryland. soo this will be my first season with the boat. I have lots to learn about the boat before i go on any poker runs and look stupid doin it,,, if u know what i mean,,,
    FISH HARD

Quote Originally Posted by Fishermanjm View Post
    I just purchaced a 2001 22 classic with the 6.2 small block. she is white with the Donzi red rally stripe. I got her out of the chesepeek bay area in maryland. soo this will be my first season with the boat. I have lots to learn about the boat before i go on any poker runs and look stupid doin it,,, if u know what i mean,,,
    You will be fine, its not a race more for a good time hanging with other boaters.

Thumbs up Local Events

Lake George Dustoff is around Fathers day. Winni is the last Saturday in July. 1000 Islands NY is 1-2 week in Aug. Lake George Fall Picnic is weekend after labor day. See Ya there.....

There is a great run on Lake Winni, N.H. I went last year, free entry, great people. I'm from Mass., 16' DONZI BABY O/B "HIGH LIFE"

Artie
    I was referring to what LT I think we are too wave dependent here for a Donzi event and there are so many now anyways I would hate to miss any of the other ones. I am going to try and get to Lake Winni this year. mike O says it is great

Parnell

Quote Originally Posted by mike o View Post
    Lake George Dustoff is around Fathers day. Winni is the last Saturday in July. 1000 Islands NY is 1-2 week in Aug. Lake George Fall Picnic is weekend after labor day. See Ya there.....
    AOTH is the weekend before Memorial

Parnell

Quote Originally Posted by Fishermanjm View Post
    I just purchaced a 2001 22 classic with the 6.2 small block.
    Don't even entertain the Poker Runs America, boat is too small,(unless they have changed from last year). But you can watch at the Thousand Islands and watch them fly by at 100 MPH plus.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Cheekz View Post
    Artie
    I was referring to what LT I think we are too wave dependent here for a Donzi event and there are so many now anyways I would hate to miss any of the other ones. I am going to try and get to Lake Winni this year. mike O says it is great

Parnell
    Parn , just curious when is that event and would any other boats be welcome ?

Thread Information