Thread: Windows 7 / Adobe 9 error issues...need help!!!

Windows 7 / Adobe 9 error issues...need help!!!

Hey all,

can ya help a brutha out? Our computer we bought a year ago came with the windows 7 already on it. just recently (2 months ago?), Barbi (wife) said that we have been having problems with trying to open adobe 9 stuff, getting error codes and this %APPDATA% showing up...cant seem to get on skype either (not sure if this is related).

we have seen some of the fixes on google but dont know which one will work as some people say some path's work and some dont. Thanx in advance for your help,

tom
    2002 28ZX

there was a security issue with Adobe PDFs

so they released new software updates

look for the update?

That appdata thing you're seeing is referring to an environment variable. It resolves to a path to a file folder. Without more info, it's a little tricky to see what's going on. But you can confirm that the folder exists. If it doesn't, it'll cause problems

from a cmd prompt (to get there, in the run box, type cmd and hit enter)

type the word echo, plus the variable and hit enter:

C:\>echo %appdata%

hit ENTER

It'll show something like:

C:\Users\JMC\AppData\Roaming

This is a folder on my computer. Make sure yours is present on your computer. JMC is my username. Yours will be different. If the folder in the variable value doesn't exist, you can change it. Let's see what you got first.
    Got Criterion?

many thanx guys!! okay,so here is something we found in the process of trying to unphuck this thing, our Windows Updates is needing 4 updates and can't get them. we also couldnt uninstall the Adobe 9.3 that is on our computer. so we sent a message to Windows Support to see what we can do to get these updates. Maybe this is the source of our problem??? feedback is always welcome, thanx again,

tom
    2002 28ZX

Lightbulb

Have you tried the uninstaller on the Adobe site, it worked fine for me. Also you may want to look into Securnia it is a great program I have been running for several years, it alerts you to security risks and directs you to the correct fixes. There are several millions users, it was just voted the top free software in the world, version 2.0 has just been released I have been using it since beta and would never be without it. You can grab a free consumer copy on the products page. http://securnia.com/
    Phil
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

Thread Information